November 2011 Moms

birthday traditions

Are you planning on starting any fun birthday traditions for your LO?  I was thinking about getting a plate with DD's name on it that she can use each year.  I can't come up with any creative pictures or other ways to mark her special day.  What are you ladies doing?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: birthday traditions

• What we're doing is celebrating the actual day with just the 4 of us and doing something fun.  For DD1's first b-day we went to the Children's Museum, her second we went to the zoo.  For DD2's birthday we are going up north to a waterpark for the weekend.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Good post!  I've been worried about this, that we'll let the first bday go by and I'll find a picture idea we should've taken each year, or a special gift, or thing to do that we didn't.

I've seen ideas on what to do for each first day of school (take a pic of your child holding a picture of the year prior) and thought this would be a fun thing to do every year for a first birthday.

Any other ideas???  I'm worried we won't be ready and we'll miss the boat on the first year of starting any traditions...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Birthday pancakes, decorate the door with streamers, 20 questions/survey, annual letters to your child, plant a tree then take pictures with it, paper chain count-down... 

I'm worried about this too... I missed the boat on the monthly pictures.  : (   

• Along the lines of a special plate, my parents had a fancy one that said "you are special today" and whoever's bday or other special day it was got to use the plate. It was really nice.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• The "birthday boy/girl" always gets to pick dinner on their special day. We will probably do something special on their actual birthday with just Mom & Dad & LO.

I like the 20 questions things, too, but we'll see if I remember that when DS is old enough to talk. Stick out tongue

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Well as far as pictures go I'm going to take one of her holding a previous pic in a frame, in front of the growth chart my mom is making and my favorite, a photographer friend of mines idea, her feet in my wedding shoes, so I can watch her grow into them.
  • With DD she gets to pick where she wants to eat. With it being LO's 1st, I'll definitely do a picture and on our easel write out his favorites on it and snap a photo with him next to it.
  • imageKaeldrasmommy:
    Well as far as pictures go I'm going to take one of her holding a previous pic in a frame, in front of the growth chart my mom is making and my favorite, a photographer friend of mines idea, her feet in my wedding shoes, so I can watch her grow into them.

I love that idea! Maybe I'll do that with DH's shoes.

I'm planning on taking a picture with DS standing, holding onto my legs, and doing that each year, to show how tall he's getting.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Not for this year but for when she is older I plan to carry on the tradition my mom started with us, she would always bring donuts, cupcakes, etc to our class on our birthday and then take out us out of school early and take us out to lunch.
  • We will be getting LO a birthday themed book for every birthday. This year it is "Curious George and the Birthday Surprise."

We will be doing birthday pancakes for breakfast, and streamers on the door the day of. I am also making a wreath of balloons to hang on the door for his birthday week.

As far as pictures go, I have not figured that out yet. I like the idea of the shoes. But I am thinking I may do it with one of DH's jerseys. Or a tie. Still looking for other ideas.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"