December 2012 Moms

Movies you should NOT watch while pregnant or a new mom

I concur, I ended up watching 2 of these while pregnant. Bad idea.  

Twilight - Breaking Dawn

Sarah's Keys

https://www.pregnantchicken.com/2012/9/17/rated-pt-movies-pregnant-women-and-new-parents-should-never.html

imageimageimage
weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Movies you should NOT watch while pregnant or a new mom

• I couldn't get the list from your link, but I read Sarah's Key before I was pg with #3 and had a 2yo and 1yo - I wouldn't recommend that book for any parent!!!  Breaking Dawn didn't bother me, though.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read Sarah's Key and cried so hard I am waiting a while before watching the movie...lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely agree with most of those. But I'm in the camp of don't watch Twilight movies because they're boring but I know I'm in the minority here!

Sophies Choice? DEFINITE no no. Oh gosh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I should add Prometheus to this list. Which I pretty sure I also watched when I was pregnant. Especially if you fear cs. YIKES
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm with you all on this.

Another one, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. OMG - horrifying. 

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's funny that "Rosemary's Baby" is first on the list.  I just watched that this past weekend with DH.  It's just so out there, that it doesn't really bother me, pregnant or not :)
  • Some I would agree with, some not so much, but one that should be on there is Pet Cemetary. Super creeps on that kid! Also another is The Good Son
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I read Sarah's Key and based on that I don't think I could watch the movie! I haven't seen Sophie's Choice but I don't think I could take that either.

Comedies and extreme horror don't bother me as much because they aren't realistic enough to hit home for me. 

I won't watch Breaking Dawn just because I can't stand the Twilight movies! 

Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • imagejaimevogt:
    I should add Prometheus to this list. Which I pretty sure I also watched when I was pregnant. Especially if you fear cs. YIKES

my husband decided we were going to see this in theaters when i was about four months. when it was over, i thought i was going to kill him. i mean, i know he couldn't have known, but STILL.

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Omen. Like, the really creepy one from the 70s. do NOT watch it if you are going to have a little boy. i was traumatized!
    Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Knocked Up. NOT funny when you're preggers. Ha.

Taken. Anyone with children should not watch this movie once they become parents. Too disturbing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemagnoliablossom00:

Taken. Anyone with children should not watch this movie once they become parents. Too disturbing!

Taken is one of my favorite movies EVER.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"