February 2013 Moms
Options

Broken Ribs Anyone?

I think I've cracked a rib.  I had a terrible pukey virus last week and then this week an awful cough to follow it.  I've coughed so much and so hard, I think I've actually cracked a rib.  It really, really hurts.  Anyone else?  I know it's common during pregnancy, but I really didn't think it would happen to me. :)  Famous last words.  If you have, any advice on what to do about it before my next appointment?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Broken Ribs Anyone?

• Options
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I'm so sorry. That sucks. I'm already getting uncomfortable and I can't imagine. :/
    ♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • Options
    I feel your pain.  I bruised (not cracked, TG) a rib from wearing under wire.  My chest is getting huge and my MW banned me to no under wire nursing bras...  It does NOT feel good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wanted to tell you--I had an appointment today.  At my last, I had mild rib pain and the doctor thought I had pulled a muscle from a lot of throwing up.  The pain has gotten worse and the doctor I saw today thought I might have a rib out of alignment.  There's really nothing you can do for these things except take tylenol.  I had the option of going to a chiropractor type person, but decided not to for now because they didn't really think it would help.  But there are other things that can cause pain, so make sure you ask them if it could be your liver or gallbladder or something else since some issues can be treated and should be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"