Success after IF

For those of you who had a successful ivf...

Would you mind telling me what you did extra wise ( not meds) but other things.  Last cycle, did accupuncture and modified my diet and still was bfn.  Just curious if any of you had any other things you think worked.  Thanks!
DS#1 born 9/23/06 
Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.

Re: For those of you who had a successful ivf...

• I am so sorry about your BFN. For my first IVF cycle, I did acupuncture once a week plus sessions before and after transfer. I also drank Pom juice while I was stimming and ate pineapple (including core) for five days after transfer. I was pregnant with a singleton and had a miscarriage. My second time around (when I conceived DS) I did acupuncture, drank Pom juice, and ate pineapple again. That was my first successful cycle. This time (with a FET cycle) I didn't do anything extra and am pregnant with twins. So I have done things both ways and had success and failure. I hope you get a sticky BFP very soon hon. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • All I did was pray. A lot. And it worked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry about your BFN.  I did acupuncture, stuck with a low sodium, low carb diet, and really took it is easy. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• During our first IVF for DD I didn't change anything. I did the same thing for this IVF cycle, so we'll see!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN.  They're the worst!  I'll admit that the only cycle that worked was the one where i didn't do anything extra.  I did low carb, no alcohol, accu for all my BFN cycles.  On the cycle that worked I drank wine, worked out, and lived life...
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagelovebug33:
    All I did was pray. A lot. And it worked.

this is what i did, too. i couldn't have done it all w/o it!

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ate pineapple for a few days after transfer, cut out all caffeine before cycling, and took almost two weeks off of work so I knew I'd be completely relaxed and at ease (I'm a middle school teacher).  And like PPs said, I prayed, prayed, prayed.

MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • For my last cycle,   I did Circle + Bloom Mind Body program in addition to acupuncture weekly.   My RE also added assisted hatching to my protocol, but this had been my fourth cycle.
    TTC since Jan. 2010 DX Unexplained infertility
    3 IUI's w/Clomid & Ovidrel=all BFNs
    3 IVF (2 Fresh, 1 frozen) =BFN
    Jan 2012 New RE & Fresh Cycle =BFP!

TTC #2 October 2014
    Meet with RE March 2015
    2 Frozen & 1 Fresh IVF= BFNs
    September 2015 Frozen ET=BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board