Parenting
Options

Would a violation at daycare be the end all?

Or does it depend on violation?

Long story short, I'm looking at new daycare and this site I check tells me violations. They had one for "having two toddlers and 6 preschoolers with one caregiver at the end of the day"
...or whatever the numbers are. Pretty much they had one extra kid. It was only at the end of the day.
I don't want to make excuses, but emergencies come up, what if the caregiver had an emergency and the person took an extra kid for a half hour.
In report it said a parent was contacted and didn't feel child was in any harm/pretty much didn't care.

Re: Would a violation at daycare be the end all?

• Options

It depends - they reported it, so they aren't trying to hide it, and that's good.  Has this happened before?  If it happens frequently, I'd be really cheesed about it.  First time, AND they tried to contact a parent that probably didn't show as expected, I'd chat with them to see what their future back-up plans are. 

Chances are, they might be ready to "expell" that kid due to the parent's bad habits.  Or they will have more staff available in the future. 

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    That would not be a deal breaker for me

Me neither.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    That would not be a deal breaker for me

Me either. Stuff happens. As long as it wasn't repetitive behavior, I'd let it go. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It would depend on the violation but in the case you described, no.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    That doesn't seem like a big deal to me. 
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    For that violation, it wouldn't bother me.  Others would be a deal breaker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ok good. I didn't feel like it was a huge deal but second guessed myself, like how could I ever put my child in a place that had a known violation?!
    Yeah, feeling better, thanks.
  • Options
    I think the ratios are probably the most common violations. The deal breakers for me were teachers hitting, cursing, spanking kids or any sort of building code/safety issue.

One of the ones I was looking into had a violation for hiring a felon...what.the.fluck.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagejorkz821:
    It would depend on the violation but in the case you described, no.

Ditto.  Now, when I was shopping for daycares, I found an in-home I liked, and it was recommended by several people as being the "gold standard" for daycares/caregivers.  I then discovered she had multiple violations, including some for crazy-ridiculous ratio issues.  As in, 16 kids to one caregiver.  Nuh uh, no way am I sending my child there. 

• Options
    depends on violation and the one you mentioned would not be a deal breaker for me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imageManateearmz:
    I think the ratios are probably the most common violations. The deal breakers for me were teachers hitting, cursing, spanking kids or any sort of building code/safety issue. One of the ones I was looking into had a violation for hiring a felon...what.the.fluck.

Agree w/ Manatee... I would have the same deal breakers.  I might also bring legal action if I found out a teacher hit my kid.  At the very least... I'd raise all hell before pulling my kid out of there.

And hiring a felon?  Whatthemuthafuck.

IKR? I think they must've been a friend or a relative since every caregiver has to be fingerprinted and licensed. From what I've heard Oregon has some of the stricter laws for providers.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That, in and of itself, would not be a deal breaker for me. Now if there were 12 of those in a month or two, different story. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"