1st Trimester

Jeans don't fit??

I'm only in my 4th week so I know I'm not showing but I am incredibly bloated and already having trouble fitting into my Jeans!! I'm a small build so I'm not sure if that is also a factor. When did you notice your clothes getting a little tighter?
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Jeans don't fit??

• It is different for everyone and every build... my clothes are getting snug already but this is also my second... bloat and muscle memory for me have a lot to do with it.... ugh. It is never to early to break out the maternity clothes in my book! I want to look good and feel good!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have this very same problem.  I am already in maternity pants because I feel so bloated most of the time (plus I have gained three pounds).  I think for me it started around week 5 or 6.  I would invest in some stretchy pants.  Target has some good yoga-pant type of maternity pants that sit low in the front to accommodate the belly you will eventually have.  I wear them to work and they're so comfy and soft!

Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Loading the player...
  • I started feelining bloated at 6-8wks, then again at 10wks.  Right now I am 10wks 3days and am using a hairband on my regular jeans.  I can't tell if its a small baby bump or just bloat.  Some days it feels like bloat and some days it doesn't.

I'm thinking about going and trying on maternity jeans this weekend or soon.  I say if your uncomfortable go try some on see how you feel.  I hear they are pretty comfortable!:)

• Build has very little to do with it. Some small people show early, some small people show late. I'm small and didn't show with my first until 20w. Every person is different as far as how they handle bloat.

Get a Bella band. Bloat goes away.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I've been using a hair tye to just help loosen my pants. I'm not ready to break out the belly band yet. With my first I start showing about 15 weeks. I'm small built too. I'm 10 weeks now and with muscle memory and bloat I'm definitely gonna start showing soon BC everything is getting tighter.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started to feel the same way around expected time for AF..... Thank goodness for SO T'sand sweats LOLWink
  • Bloat's a killer. Bella bands are absolutely fantastic -- you don't need to button or zip your pants and they still stay up! It's pretty awesome.

• imageskio:
    Build has very little to do with it. Some small people show early, some small people show late. I'm small and didn't show with my first until 20w. Every person is different as far as how they handle bloat. Get a Bella band. Bloat goes away.

yes... but every individuals build is diff, didn't mean skinny vs large, tall/short etc. Bloat never went away for me with my first... it just turned into baby. Do what is comfortable for you! I never felt the need to spend money on a bella band when I knew I was going to need maternity pants anyways... but that's just me :) maternity leggings and a cute loose top (and cute sexy boots) is the style already... so  enjoy the cozy!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine are! I tried buying some black work pants with maybe a mid panel but couldn't find anything! (I'm very disappointed in my Target's maternity section, it was so awesome 4 yrs ago with DS) I settled for a belly band so I could at least leave my pants unbuttoned. When I got home monday after work I had red indentions around my stomach from my pants.
  • It's the same for me. I've had a lot of bloating. I'm using a rubber band to hold the button together, and wearing long shirts to cover it... its much more comfortable. I have the "bella band" and I wear that over the rubber banded pants. It looks good, and it's comfortable. :)
    BFP #1 7/15/2012
    Natural Miscarriage 8/4/2012 at 7 weeks
    BFP #2 10/26/12 - Baby Jack - Due 7/6/13 - Born 6/7/13
    (born prematurely at 35w 6d, perfectly healthy with no NICU time needed)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagekerischrader:

imageskio:
    Build has very little to do with it. Some small people show early, some small people show late. I'm small and didn't show with my first until 20w. Every person is different as far as how they handle bloat.

Get a Bella band. Bloat goes away.

yes... but every individuals build is diff, didn't mean skinny vs large, tall/short etc.

Yes, I agree. Every body handles pregnancy differently. I was referring to OP, who wondered if her jeans were feeling tight because she's small and may show earlier, which isn't necessarily the case.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • By week 4 or 5 mine didn't fit either. I'm short too which I'm sure doesn't help. The bloating went away but now at almost week 10, I can tell though clothes still do fit, I probably only have a few more weeks before I need bigger pants. I am a big fan of dress barn's pull on tummy control pants because they have a lot of stretch in them, I think that's why I can still wear them. I may just see what 2 sizes up fits like and get some of those vs maternity pants for the remainder of this trimester and into the next...but we'll see.
  • I agree with everyone who suggested the hair tie trick and the bellaband.  I was able to wear my regular jeans throughout my entire pregnancy with the bellaband.  So for me it definitely wasn't a waste of money.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• I was showing by 5 weeks. I am now 10 weeks. I went and also bought a bella band so I could wear my regular clothes a little longer and I LOVE them!!!!!
  • Wow, Thanks everyone. I looked up the bella (belly?) band and that is definitely what I need since I definitely don't think I would fit into maternity pants just yet. Going to buy some this weekend. My cramps were so bad today that I just had to unbutton so reading the thread and seeing the hair tie/rubber band idea was great. It was a perfect fix.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• 4 Weeks I was horribly bloated Im very small too 5 ft barely 104 lbs. Im now almost 11 Weeks with a lil baby bump this is my 2nd child but still at 104. Just take a hair tie slip it through your button hole around your button to be more comfy. The bloat will go away soon ; . I had it off in until about 2 Weeks ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"