March 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY - halloween edition!

Thought it would be fun since today is halloween. Happy Halloween everyone!

1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?)

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween?

3) What is your favorite candy?

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as?

5) What is your most memorable halloween?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days

Re: GTKY - halloween edition!

• Options

1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?) We went to a halloween party last weekend at my DHs aunts house. We are also taking DD trick or treating this Saturday. Our halloween was postponed to Saturday due to hurricane sandy. Also, my DH is bringing DD to my work today. We do trick or treating for the employee's kids/grandkids. It's alot of fun and I get to show her off!

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween? seeing all the kids dressed up and also the start of holiday season!

3) What is your favorite candy? kitkats!!!

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as? DD is a bumble bee this year

5) What is your most memorable halloween? When I was in grade school (I think 1st grade to be exact) my mom and my neighbors mom (we were the same age in the same class) came to school dressed as clowns as a surprise for the whole class. I had no idea they were doing that and my friend and I were really surprised/happy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Options

We are going to visit the grandparents and godparents with DS.

Seeing all the different costumes!

kit kats probably

He's a little monkey (from Old Navy so it's cuddly)

When I was 5 I got lost inside a haunted house that my sister was working in. One of her friends found me crying and led me through the rest of the haunted house yelling "no scare" as we walked through. I still don't like haunted houses.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDeannaSue84:

5) What is your most memorable halloween? When I was in grade school (I think 1st grade to be exact) my mom and my neighbors mom (we were the same age in the same class) came to school dressed as clowns as a surprise for the whole class. I had no idea they were doing that and my friend and I were really surprised/happy.

Your mom sounds cool. I might have to steal that idea when DS is in school.

• Options

1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?) Not this year.  I hope to be home in time to hand out candy, but I haven't decorated my house, so I don't know how many kids I'll get.  (I cleaned out our spare bedroom and can't for the life of me remember where I put the halloween decorations.)

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween? Seeing the little kids; time with family (my dad always took me out trick or treating, even when I was old enough not to need him.)

3) What is your favorite candy? right now, mini eggs and salt & vinegar chips - have been craving throughout pregnancy.  Oh, and if I was in the US - whatchmacallit (just curious - do they sell halloween sizes of this? if so, I may need to get my brother to track me down some)

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as? Don't have one.

5) What is your most memorable halloween?  Hrm... toss up....  the surprise on my dad's face when I was like 12/13 and asked if he was still coming out with me... he got dressed up as usual.  Or, the first year my neice trick or treated.... this would have been our 3rd year in our house.  We had the most kids that year, and it was nice to have a little one come by that I knew.

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    1) we will be taking our DS out trick~or~treating this evening. 2) I love dressing my DS up and seeing allthe different costumes and decorations. 3) banana flavored laffy taffy and sour apple blow pops. 4) xander is going as spiderman. 5) 3 years ago when we first took DS trick~or~treating, we didn't get to his first halloween because my DH's brother was getting married. HAPPY HALOWEEN!
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• Options

I'm actually trying to get out of doing something for Halloween.  DH and I have tickets to a charity costume party on Saturday night and I really don't feel like going.   

The candy! 

Milky way bars, peanut M+Ms and Reeses peanut butter cups (couldn't pick just one) 

N/A 

8th grade Halloween.  It was a classmate's bar mitzvah (costume themed) and this guy I had a huge crush on kissed me!  On the lips!  Sigh...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options

Thought it would be fun since today is halloween. Happy Halloween everyone!

We're actually going to my grandparents to have pizza and play cards to celebrate my grandpa's birthday. Way more fun in my opinion than my doorbell endlessly ringing :) (I'm a scrooge!)

I love all of the movies on television. Can't get enough of them.

Charleston Chews out of the freezer or milky ways

The year my friend's parents turned their entire home into a haunted house. I swear that they put weeks worth of work and hundreds of dollars into it, but it really was the COOLEST thing ever (especially for 5th graders!)

• Options

1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?) Just taking DD trick or treating and then handing out candy..nothing big.

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween? Seeing DD so excited. I HATE scary stuff, so there will be no scary costumes or movies at out house lol

3) What is your favorite candy? hmmm that's a toughie. Kit Kat, Snickers, twizzlers

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as? DD is going to be Alice in Wonderland

5) What is your most memorable halloween? DH and I had a Halloween party in 2009 and it was epic!! Our house was filthy, so we haven't had one since lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?) - just handing out candy tonight.  We have a work costume contest and potluck which I'm participating in (as a MN Gopher sports fan - thank you DH for being a sports junkie and letting me raid your closet this morning!  lol)

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween?  I like handing out candy to our neighbors.  We have a high concentration of recent immigrants on my side of town so it is pretty adorable what folks come up with for costumes.  The little kids are my fave!

3) What is your favorite candy?  I'm partial to Whatchamacalits but as far as your typical Halloween fare goes - Twix.  

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as? I'm a FTM but my darling 18 month old nephew is going as a Dalmatian.  He's going to be the cutest puppy on the planet I'm sure!  

5) What is your most memorable halloween?  Anyone in MN who is older than 25 will probably have the same answer... the Halloween Blizzard of '91.  It snowed 9 inches before Trick or Treating time and kept going ALL night.  I decided to change up my costume at the last minute and go as a skiier.  Best plan ever.  

• Options
    1) Are you doing anything for halloween (or did you?) Taking DD to a local store for "safe" trick or treating and then taking her to a few houses in our neighborhood.

2) What is your favorite thing about halloween? I just love the colors, costumes, and "spookiness."

3) What is your favorite candy?  I love all the candy...right now, probably sweet tarts though.

4) If you already have a DC, what are you dressing them up as? DD will be Minnie Mouse

5) What is your most memorable halloween? So far, this year is my most memorable. DD understands she gets to wear her costume and get candy. She keeps saying she's "So excited!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"