1st Trimester

If your first was a c-section....

are you planning on having another c/s or giving vbac a go? 

I had to have a c/s with DS since he was breech - and it was actually a very good experience - my Dr was wonderful - I thought the surgery went very well - and his aftercare was excellent.  With a vbac I'm worried about tearing/ripping, (DS was 9 lbs so good chance this baby could also be big), plus the possible risks with vbac...  so I'm really leaning towards another c/s.. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If your first was a c-section....

• Yes, my first was a C after 28 hours of non progressive labor.  I am 100% sure I will have a scheduled C section with this one.  For me the recovery the first time around was a breeze and I like the idea of knowing when the baby is coming and making care arrangements for my son and not having to worry. 

I'm also getting a tubal ligation so it really does make the most sense for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • VBAC. I labored, dilated, pushed, and ended up with a C. I was not happy with any part of it. I need to try again for personal reasons.

VBACs are less risky than RCS. And I want to feel confident about having more children. If I had another C, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable going through another pregnancy and birth.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I read on babycenter online that a scheduled RCS is less risky than if you try a vbac and then you end up needing a c/s after labor.. Didn't really make that much sense to me - and of course everyone's situation is unique. We may be done after 2 kids - maybe not - it would be 3 at the most. I know people who've had 3 or 4 c/s and are fine..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm having a RCS.  I had a great experience last time even though it wasn't planned.  We don't plan on having any more children after this so I'm not worried about the effects of 2+ csections.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• My sil just had her 3rd C section and it went off without a hitch.  She was up and moving the next day.
  • imagevaleivegas:
    I read on babycenter online that a scheduled RCS is less risky than if you try a vbac and then you end up needing a c/s after labor.. Didn't really make that much sense to me and of course everyone's situation is unique.

We may be done after 2 kids maybe not it would be 3 at the most. I know people who've had 3 or 4 c/s and are fine..

You need to do more research than reading something on babycenter if you're really considering both. If you're set on RCS, don't bother. The VBAC board is a good place to ask for medical resources.

A lot of people have 3 or 4 cections. That doesn't mean it's safe, and that doesn't mean I'd be comfortable with it. Again...research.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • My DD was breech so I had a scheduled c/s. I had a great experience and plan on having a c/s with this one.  I just hope it goes as smoothly as the first!

• I had an unscheduled C/S with DD. I was more upset in the beginning than I really should have been about having to do one, but I've come to terms with it now, and have decided to go ahead and do a scheduled C/S with this one. 

My doctor did a wonderful job, recovery went well, and I had a happy, healthy baby girl in the end, and I realized that's what really mattered to me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first was a C-section because he was breech and premature. My second was a repeat c-section. In my area it is very hard to find a doctor that will allow a VBAC and most hospitals don't allow them either. I have had friends do them through midwives to try with about 50/50 success, but that is not my things. This baby will be another repeat c-section.

• My first was an unplanned c-section that saved both my life and our DDs life.  My second was planned as a VBAC 'till the end when it changed to a planned c-section.  This one I'm not even considering a VBAC and will plan the c-section right from the start.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I would love to have a normal delivery but after trying with DS and having a unplanned csection which turned out great. I've decided to do another csection. My Dr said I probably couldn't have a normal delivery BC my pelvic area isnt big enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried (unsuccessfully) to VBAC #2. My birth with #1 was so awful (induction at 42 weeks, 55 hours of labor, 4 hours of pushing, c-section) that I really wanted the chance to have a good birth.

And I'm glad I did. Even though it was a section (1 hour of pushing), I went into labor on my own, managed it, and got to see what a normal labor was like.

FWIW, my first was 9lbs8oz and #2 was only 7lbs9oz.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • VBAC. I was induced for preeclampsia and high BP so as long as I can avoid any pregnancy complications I will VBAC (and providing my OB doesn't call the "your pelvis is too small" card on me at some point). 

My experience was horrible and I wasn't even awake when DS was born so that kind of fuels me to have a vaginal birth as well.

I also am not comfortable with the risks of a RCS is we have more children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"