January 2013 Moms
Options

Ulcer?

This is my second pregnancy so the heartburn feeling I am very familiar with.  It has been so bad this time around, that I can't hardly sleep, it wakes me up, it has made me throw up and feel nauseated.  I was hurting in my chest so bad last night and I could barely get any relief just standing and walking around.  My chest feels like I've had a heart attack.  I have been hurting so bad all day long especially when I haven't eaten.  I have tried, milk, Zantac, tums, etc... It hurts so bad even when I breathe.  I know how my typical heartburn and acid reflux usually feels and this is sooooo much worse!  DHs dad is an RN and he mentioned that sounded a lot like an ulcer.  I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had anything similar?  There has been no time in my whole day today where i have not been  hurting very badly...  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ulcer?

• Options
    Ask about getting a prescription for protonix. It was a miracle for me. It is also supposed to help with ulcers. 
  • Options
    My other thought is that it could be your gallbladder. What you are describing is exactly how I felt when I had a gallbladder attack. Hope you get some answers and relief today.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have this issue exactly. My ER, OB, and GI won't do an upper GI because of the risks to the baby so they have been treating me as if I have an ulcer. As of last week I started protonix which has been a miracle worker, but as of this morning I started throwing up every half an hour again.

Hope you feel better fast! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"