Over supply now low supple — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Over supply now low supple

A few weeks ago I went to see a LC due to some latching problems and she said I have an oversupply of breastmilk so I should feed on one side each feed now I feel I have a low supply due to my breast now never feel like full. My question should I go back to feeding on both sides to get back to where I was 

Re: Over supply now low supple

• How old is your LO? As he/she gets older, your breasts sometimes lose that "always full" feeling, but your supply is still fine. Also, does LO seem satisfied or still hungry after a feeding? Is he/she gaining weight appropriately? You may not actually have a low supply...

You can always try to boost your supply by switching sides back and forth every few minutes during a feeding. Also, nursing or pumping more frequently can help. Your supply is based on how much milk is removed from the breast, so if more is removed, your supply should increase. Good luck!

imageimage
  • I feed from one side at a feeding. My breasts dont feel full either, but he is having plenty of wet diapers, gaining weight etc so I know hes okay. Kellymom.com is a great resource, check it out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards