International Bumpies

Intro... just found this board!

Hey Ladies

I don't know how I've missed this board for so long, but I've just found it and am excited about it.  I grew up in Canada (southern Alberta, then Red Deer for 10ish years) and have been living in Bermuda for the past 8 years.  My DH and I are expecting our first baby (had two previous miscarriages), we'll be 37 weeks on Thursday.

Having a baby in a country other than the one I grew up in is something I never thought I'd do, but here I am, and I'm loving it.  I met my husband here (who is also Canadian) and we don't plan to leave anytime soon.  I'm excited to be able to take my children to parks and the beach all year round, although I will miss teaching them to skate and ski early on.

Anyway, I hope it's okay if I join you all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro... just found this board!

• Hello!

I am American living in Spain with my DH. I am jealous that you are in Bermuda. Today it is cold and rainy here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow!  Bermuda!  How'd you end up there?  

I'm an American living in Germany with my Spanish H--just moved a few months ago from Spain.  We're still adjusting. :)

Welcome! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I'm an American living in Denmark with my Danish husband and two dualie daughters.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Welcome! I am an American living in the UK (northeast Scotland) with my American DH and our 10 month old DD. 

I too am jealous of your beautiful and warm location :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Hiya as they say over here.

I'm a Canadian and my husband, son and I moved to a UK protectorate, the Isle of Man, a year and a half ago. Little island in the middle of the Irish Sea. 

Due in January with my first overseas baby. Luckily the healthcare system is similar to home but I still miss my midwives in Vancouver - they were so amazing.

Ditto everyone else: jealous of your weather. Wearing a heavy coat and scarf today. 

• I'm just a boring old Canadian living in Canada my husband is British though! We have a son, Kyle, who just turned 4 months old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome!

I am an American living in Germany with my husband and almost one year old son (dh is US military).

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Welcome! I'm an American living in Germany with my German husband. We have a 1.5 year old daughter and another girl due in February.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Welcome! This board just popped up a few weeks ago so you haven't missed much :-)

DH and I are Americans who have been living in Scotland for almost 7 years now. Expecting our first in December :-)

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • Hi! I'm from Edmonton, living in London, UK.

I LOL'd at your post, DH and I were saying this morning that if the twins were at home they'd be in Timbits ice hockey by now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"