3rd Trimester

Being induced with gel

I am being induced next wed, and was wondering if the gel worked for other moms.  My dr said don't  be surprised if the gel doesn't get things started but then didn't tell me what would happen afterwards. (Which I should of asked but was trying to wrap my head around everything) ..... So, can anyone tell me if he gel worked for them and if so how long until labour started.  I know everyone is different but just am curious.
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Being induced with gel

• It worked for someone I work with but hse had an allergic reaction also.
  • I was supposed to get the gel, but was in labor when I got there so it wasn't needed.

If your body is not ready for delivery, from what I have been told, nothing will really work.  Why are you being induced at 38 weeks?

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They are inducing me 2 weeks early because I hav cholestasis and its too dangerous to let me go to my due date.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Is it cervidil or something else? I'm being induced next week with cervidil but I'm not sure if it's a gel or a medication or what.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure, the doc just said a gel.  It gets inserted on a tampon thingy.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Sounds like cervadil to me. I was induced on my EDD. The process began with cervadil, which was a little painful when inserted. About 4 hours later the dr broke my water, gave me the epidural and continued with pitocin. 

I had a really great experience, didn't feel much pain at all. The entire process took about 14 hrs and I pushed for less than an hour. 

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks!  I'm a little nervous, but so excited!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageMSUMands:
    Is it cervidil or something else? I'm being induced next week with cervidil but I'm not sure if it's a gel or a medication or what.

I have the same question, OP. If it is Cervidil, it did not work for me and I was already a week late. I wound up induced with Pitocin the next morning. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabypringle:
    They are inducing me 2 weeks early because I hav cholestasis and its too dangerous to let me go to my due date.

I have cholestasis too and my MFM scheduled me for early delivery at 37.1 weeks. I have not heard of using gel.  He told me they will check my cervix on the day to decide whether to let me try vaginal delivery or go directly to c-section if my cervix is tightly closed.  Good luck to your delivery next week!  would like to hear your update! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"