October 2011 Moms

What's your current pet peeve?

I've got many, but this is mine right now. I'm researching recipes on Pinterest, and looking through the comments. On Food Network, people leave helpful comments after they cook the item. On these blogs that are pinned on Pinterest, all people do is write 'Oh, looks great, can't wait to try this!'. Now, how the eff is this supposed to help me? Garh!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What's your current pet peeve?

• People who call my daughter "princess". I know it is really common but I'm not into it and I think it is weird for strangers to assume she's a princess kid.

• I have a friend who "likes" her own facebook statuses. 

There are also about 10 dozen things my mom does very often that drive me up a wall. She often says "I'll take [something]" (as in, "I'll take a glass of juice") when she hasn't been offered anything. Just walks into the room and says, "Samantha, I'll take a glass of juice." Aaaaahhhhhhhh! She also puts too much vocal emphasis on the "man" in SaMANtha. Because of that, I actually hate being called Samantha and have gone by Sam my entire adult life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm just having a really difficult time not believing society as a whole just lacks common sense.

Example 1 - People I've been interviewing don't seem to have any clue they should bring a copy of their resume to the interview.  I don't care if I have it in email.  Guess what...my email is down today.

Example 2 - People at work without email freaking out because they don't know how to work without it.  Um, if you are a sales person, go out and freaking sell something instead of standing and chatting with your co-workers all day.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People being late. I hate it. If you tell me you are here by two, I am tempted not to open the door if you haven't shown by 2:15. And by 2:30, I am seriously pissed.

And the recent one is people talking to my baby as if I were not around. My mother does that pretty often. Others have as well. Drives me batty. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • People who duck in line ahead of you.  They see you have a cart and three kids and are obviously heading for register 2, because you are 5 ft from the last person in line..but no, they don't care. They swoop in and cut you off.  Well just so you know someday my cart may just hit you in the ass.  

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • 1. My biggest pet peeve is my SIL and everything she says and does.

2. Waiting on other people. If you are 10 to 15 minutes late that is fine. But the pumpkin patch is only a 2 to 3 hour thing, it doesn't need to take all day because you wanted to meet up three hours later than previously agreed upon. Then when we get there, send me a message 30min later saying you just left the house. And finally get to the patch 90 minutes late after already pushing it back 3hrs. Or me showing up at the time agreed upon, only for the person to say they are still packing up there kids.... Then get in the car and state you have to swing by the bank, then you want coffee, and so on....making us get to our destination two hours late.
  • People who keep bringing up why DS isn't walking yet. He took his first steps a week or so ago, but hasn't had much interest since because crawling gets him where he wants to go much faster. If I hear "why won't he walk anymore" or "is there something wrong now" one more time, I'm gonna lose it.

A funny note to add: the family members that keep saying these things keep trying to get him to stand and walk on his own, and he just crumples to the floor every time and crawls to wherever they want him to go. He never used to do this, so I find it hilarious that he's pretty much saying "eff you and this walking business"

• Chunstad, I have to agree with you on that.  I always look to the comments for some insight to the recipe or tutorial.  As of late, every one I click on is total crap with only unhelpful commentary! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageanasazi17:
    Chunstad, I have to agree with you on that. nbsp;I always look to the comments for some insight to the recipe or tutorial. nbsp;As of late, every one I click on is total crap with only unhelpful commentary!nbsp;

Or you click on it and it just goes to a picture of the food but no recipe or any other information.
  • imageDoctorWorm222:

I have a friend who "likes" her own facebook statuses. 

LOL  

• imagepunkin05:
    People who keep bringing up why DS isn't walking yet. He took his first steps a week or so ago, but hasn't had much interest since because crawling gets him where he wants to go much faster. If I hear "why won't he walk anymore" or "is there something wrong now" one more time, I'm gonna lose it. A funny note to add: the family members that keep saying these things keep trying to get him to stand and walk on his own, and he just crumples to the floor every time and crawls to wherever they want him to go. He never used to do this, so I find it hilarious that he's pretty much saying "eff you and this walking business"

Gawd, what is wrong with people?

Violet took a few steps around the end of August/ beginning of September but she has slowly converted to walking more than crawling over the last few weeks.  If she needs to book it she still crawls.  

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • People who block the aisle in the grocery store with their cart and/or bodies and act like they are completely oblivious that they are not alone in the aisle!  My grocery store is full of the most annoying people.  I get angry every time I go there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We find out the sex of this LO next week, and everyone has been saying, "Oh, I bet you want a boy."

No, I actually don't care what the sex of my LO is. A girl would be just as nice thank you.

A few have even taken it a step further and said, "If you have another girl, you should do (some procedure) so you will have a boy next time"

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Right now... it's idiots who didn't evacuate Long Beach, NY (like one of my best friends and her husband).  The island is now "uninhabitable" and she is alive, but no one knows where she is right now.  Not even her mother. 

Mandatory Evacuation means GET THE FU#$ OUT!

• imageNita2603:
    And the recent one is people talking to my baby as if I were not around. My mother does that pretty often. Others have as well. Drives me batty.nbsp;

My MIL does something somewhat similar. She talks to B and she knows I am within earshot and she says passive aggressive sh!t... Drives me nuts!

My pet peeve is people at work, not working, because they are sick. Either call in sick and stay home or come in and suck it up not lock yourself in your office and sulk all day!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am pretty sure all of the above are peeves of mine, especially people eating like children with their mouths open and being ridiculously late all the time. 

Right now, the biggest peeve of mine is the horror of spelling and grammatical errors I encounter on fb daily.  I have a friend of mine who is the biggest offender. She uses the word sale instead of sell, she spells tomorrow incorrectly every time, she uses the word stock instead of stalk, and she does this all while capitalizing AT LEAST two words EVERY time she posts something.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imagejwls84:
    imageNita2603:
    And the recent one is people talking to my baby as if I were not around. My mother does that pretty often. Others have as well. Drives me batty.nbsp;
    My MIL does something somewhat similar. She talks to B and she knows I am within earshot and she says passive aggressive sh!t... Drives me nuts! My pet peeve is people at work, not working, because they are sick. Either call in sick and stay home or come in and suck it up not lock yourself in your office and sulk all day!

Yeah, today she was changing Aidan and kept talking to him, while I was sitting just there feeding Alastair. One of the things she told him was that he was probably cold, and she was sorry about that, but his mother won't allow her to put a jacket on him.

Damn right! The house is kept at 70 - the kid is gonna melt!

Oh, and it drives me nuts that she keeps changing him for extended amounts of time. Like....one change is twenty minutes. In the same time I can give both my boys a bath and have them dressed. It's nuts. 

• And she keeps putting him to sleep on the changing table. Because she doesn't like the swing (which she loved with Alastair). Great. A) it is not a place to sleep. b) the other kid here needs a change.....but there is someone sleeping o the changing table. Stupid!
  • imagepennysuedog:

imagepunkin05:
    People who keep bringing up why DS isn't walking yet. He took his first steps a week or so ago, but hasn't had much interest since because crawling gets him where he wants to go much faster.

Gawd, what is wrong with people?

Violet took a few steps around the end of August/ beginning of September but she has slowly converted to walking more than crawling over the last few weeks.  If she needs to book it she still crawls.  

Yeah, Ronin isn't even close.  He is finally pulling himself up to stand but is only on his feet for 15-20 seconds at a time.  I have seen plenty of kids not walk until 15-18 months old...people need to mind their own business! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister posting passive aggressive shiit on FB that was clearly about me not coming to her son's 1st birthday. She threw him a party 5 weeks after his birthday on MY KID'S birthday weekend. I graciously did not throw a party for DS because I didn't want to make the entire family feel awkward and have to choose. We quietly went and did something on our own. She can suck on my 

You know, not just my sister but teenagers in general are my pet peeve today. I swear I'm going to shank one before the year is out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepearblossom:

My sister posting passive aggressive shiit on FB that was clearly about me not coming to her son's 1st birthday. She threw him a party 5 weeks after his birthday on MY KID'S birthday weekend. I graciously did not throw a party for DS because I didn't want to make the entire family feel awkward and have to choose. We quietly went and did something on our own.

And she's the one's who's publicly irritated?  B*tch, please.  Unreal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"