Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

While carving pumpkins...

Tonight we carved pumpkins and I decided I was going to carve "Emily" and "Hope" into mine. Hope is the name we picked out for the baby we lost. So my two year old said "Mommy, what is that?" I said, "It says Emily and Hope." And she said "Mommy, Hope is okay." It really surprised me because she doesn't understand that Hope is the baby we lost. It touched my heart though. Thought I would share.

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

Re: While carving pumpkins...

• That would have touched my heart too. What a sweet girl :)

My 4 year old asked me today if she could tell people aboout the baby in my tummy now. I asked her what she wanted to say to  them and she told me she wants to tell people mommy had a baby in her tummy and now its in heaven with God. It brought on a whole different set of emotions for me. I found myself so touched by her thoughtfullness and so sad that I had caused pain to her when I lost the baby.

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• imageBeccabby:

That would have touched my heart too. What a sweet girl :)

My 4 year old asked me today if she could tell people aboout the baby in my tummy now. I asked her what she wanted to say to  them and she told me she wants to tell people mommy had a baby in her tummy and now its in heaven with God. It brought on a whole different set of emotions for me. I found myself so touched by her thoughtfullness and so sad that I had caused pain to her when I lost the baby.

Yeah, I understand exactly how you feel. We can't look at it as we have caused our daughters pain though. That is just part of the situation, not anything we did. She was effected because she loved her and there is nothing wrong with that. So don't feel like it is something you did.  

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageemilysmommy2010:
    imageBeccabby:

Yeah, I understand exactly how you feel. We can't look at it as we have caused our daughters pain though. That is just part of the situation, not anything we did. She was effected because she loved her and there is nothing wrong with that. So don't feel like it is something you did.  

If we hadnt have told her she wouldnt have known and that whats hurts I guess. Hubby accidently spilled the beans to my parents and my kids, I wasnt ready to tell them. She was so excited, she was talking to the baby that night and every day. I dont want to hijack your post and go on ,just want to Thank you for reminding me though to not blame myself!

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• That is so touching.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBeccabby:
    imageemilysmommy2010:
    imageBeccabby:

If we hadnt have told her she wouldnt have known and that whats hurts I guess. Hubby accidently spilled the beans to my parents and my kids, I wasnt ready to tell them. She was so excited, she was talking to the baby that night and every day. I dont want to hijack your post and go on ,just want to Thank you for reminding me though to not blame myself!

My daughter isn't really old enough to understand but we want her to grow up knowing that she had a sibling and we loved that baby too. My brother died as a baby and I never knew about him until I was 13. It was very confusing for me when I found out because I didn't understand why my parents didn't talk about it. Now that I am older I understand a little more because it still hurts them but I want to be open with my daughter in that area of life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"