Single Parents
Options

Nothing from baby's dad since I told him.

I haven't had any communication with him since I told him. I didn't find out I was pregnant until almost 16 weeks and I told him right after I found out and he left. He packed a bag and left, and I haven't heard anything from him. It makes me sad and I'm really stressing out.
~~~~~
BabyFetus Ticker TARDIS

Re: Nothing from baby's dad since I told him.

• Options

I dont know how much I can tell you. He was probably scared, especially if this pregnancy was unplanned. Everybody deals with everything in different ways and he may just be running from it because he doesnt know how to react or what to do. As hard as it sounds, I would just leave him alone for a while. Give him space and time to think. Do not attempt to go find him or see him until he approaches you. If anything, I would send him a text or leave him a voicemail. Just tell him you understand if this is a shock to him and let him know you may be scared as well. Offer to give him space and time to think and tell him you are willing to talk about it when he is ready, make it clear that you will not try to talk to him if it is time that he needs. When he is ready he will come around and say SOMETHING. However, prepare yourself for the worst. In the meantime, while giving him this space to run and hide for a while, act as if you are going to do this totally on your own. Be ready to know how to go about your routine without him because believe me i know its hard and scary to think of doing this all on your own. It is better to prepare to be alone and taken by pleasant surprise than to sit around waiting for his call and expecting that this will work and letting yourself down. I am telling you to do all this because, judging by the way he is reacting right now, smothering him by bombarding him with phone calls and obligations will do nothing but scare him more and drive him further away. If it becomes too long and there is no sign of him reaching out, call him and tell him you are under the impression he isnt willing to talk about it and give him one more chance to reach out. If he seems uninterested its time to start thinking about child support. Dont let him be a dead beat. If he still chooses to run from his responsibility slam him with court ordered child support. Youll need that help. Till then try to keep busy and keep your mind off him till he is ready. SPACE SPACE SPACE is probably the key to making this work right now. Kill him with kindess. Being caring and compassionate about his feelings will only benefit you in the long run. Dont be mean and assume the worst out of him right off the bat. And try not to let it get you down right now. You never know how things will turn out. Stay positive and seek emotional support from friends and family. You can do this! I wish you the best!

• Options
    Make sure you have a full name, address, birth date and work info in case he doesn't snap out of it and you need it to give him notice of the child support proceedings.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My heart goes out to you. I'm 10 weeks along, and haven't seen the father of my baby in over a month - not since I told him I was pregnant. He calls and texts me a few times a week, but it only brings me more pain because I know he doesn't want to see me. I really feel like he doesn't care about me at all, and sometimes the things he says hurts my feelings badly. I understand how you are so sad and stressing out. If I were you, I'd prepare myself to raise your baby without him. It might be a blessing in disguise! If he does come back around, be cautious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"