Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My baby was a girl.

We got the reaults from our DC testing and my baby was a girl. I know I would have been equally devastated if it would have been a boy, but my heart is broken all over again knowing it was a little girl that I lost. I have always wanted a little girl and I feel like my chance has been taken from me. I feel like I have lost the baby all over again. I want to tell everyone I see that I was going to be a mommy and to a little girl. It hurts so bad knowing what should have been. I thought it would be closure, but I am starting to worry it would have been better unknown.

The results showed no problem with chromosomes which is a blessing because the dr was worried it could have been an abnormal chromosome that either my husband or myself were passing on to our pregnancies. This was our 3rd loss. The down side is we are back to not knowing what is wrong or if this will happen again. I am just do tired of feeling sad and confused.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My baby was a girl.

• I'm so sorry. This breaks my heart for you. I actually asked the doc who did my d&c if he could find out through the testing what my baby was and he said he would. I'm kind of terrified to find out because we wanted a girl so bad. I want another boy too, but I want to have a little girl some day. I feel like if I find out it was a girl that I miscarried I will be even more devastated like how you said. What if that was my only little girl. I wish none of us had to go through what we are. It's so heartbreaking and depressing. 

I'm glad you found out it's not chromosomal, but I know it's got to be terribly frustrating to not know why you are having trouble. I pray you have success when or if you try again.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • ((HUGS))

I am so incredibly sorry. There are no words...

FX for you right now. 

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you lost your little girl. And I am so sorry that you are left without answers. Thinking about you! {{{hugs}}}

• So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • I am so very sorry.  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss of your baby girl ((hugs)).  I really hope that you can find some answers soon!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl. *hugs*

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• I am so sorry. HUGS.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I am so incredibly sorry and wish there was more I could say! :'(

Big huge hugs to you!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so very, very sorry.  We decided not to learn the sex of the baby but I am fearful that we'll be told by accident (we don't have our results yet) and we'll relive this all over like you.  Big hugs, I am sad with you.

Have you had any genetic testing?  I haven't done it (yet?) but my girlfriend did and they found she has a genetic disorder that prevents her body from holding any folic acid.  She would have miscarried over and over but thank goodness she did the testing pre-pregnancy and is on meds to counteract.  I didn't realize this type of thing was possible.  My RE is going to test my folic acid levels, thyroid, etc. and we'll see what happens.  If the m/c cause is not chromosomal but my levels are all normal, I may look at the genetic testing. 

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am so, so sorry.  We are awaiting our test results as well and I didn't even realize that they could tell us the sex.  I think I might ask them not to tell me, I am pretty sure it will be news I just can not handle.  I am sending you and YH big hugs right now.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry :(  Ours was a girl too and like yours, had no problems with her chromosomes :( 

I sent you a PM last week about RPL and testing...I think we were "talking" briefly in another post about recurrent loss.

(((Big hugs!)))

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagealb245:
    I'm so sorry :nbsp; Ours was a girl too and like yours, had no problems with her chromosomes :nbsp;
    I sent you a PM last week about RPL and testing...I think we were "talking" briefly in another post about recurrent loss.
    Big hugs!

So sorry for not responding! I just saw the message. Not sure how I missed it. I mostly bump from my phone, but will PM you back as soon as I get to a computer. The only testing we have had done was on the tissues. I think we are going to try one more time before RPL because financially we just need to get some money built back up after paying the D and C and testing. I am going to start taking folic acid and baby aspirin per my drs instructions. Hopefully it will make a difference. Thanks for sharing your story with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"