April 2012 Moms
Options

NBR Any craft vendors?

I've made about 100 necklace charms, in hopes to sell, but I'm now too scared to actually rent a booth! With Xmas coming, there are tons of little fairs. I saw a place renting for $30/table. What does this usually include? a table? Is it okay that I do cash only? (I don't have a CC machine...). Should I get little baggies to send the charms home with? Business cards (I don't have a business)? Any advice is welcome!! TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR Any craft vendors?

• Options

Cash is normal at those events, but it might be helpful to have a sign that says so. Baggies are necessary, and old shopping bags are helpful for those in need. I don't want the next vendor thinking that I'm walking off w/ their goods.

If you're willing to do something custom for someone, I would print some cards on those perforated business card sheets w/ your email and phone(?). Email addresses and Google phone numbers are free so you don't have to lose privacy.

ETA: there's also that new CC thing for smart phones if you're worried/interested. 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I used to help my mom at craft fairs.  Usually you just get a spot to set up, but check with them on what they provide. She had to bring her own table, tablecloth and displays.She did cash only for years before they bought a cc machine, so cash only should be fine.  Baggies are a nice touch.  Bring a calculator if you have to charge sales tax.  You might want to check the local laws, as you might need a business license.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never thought about tax... how does that work? I'm in MA.
  • Options
    You need to check with your local tax and rev department.  In my area some fairs have a honor system where as others have to have proof of that you have a tax ID number.  Most are the second. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"