Attachment Parenting

Woven help please

x-posted on September 2012 

Okay ladies, I need help!

I know I want a woven. I've been borrowing one for the past few weeks and I'm totally in love, but there are SO MANY CHOICES out there that it is kinda crippling to me. I'm borrowing an Ellevill Size 5, and I think I want to go with a 5. I want to plan on this being my only woven ever. 

My criteria:

It needs to cost no more than about $100-125. That price used is just fine.

I don't want it to be too hot so that I can wear it comfortably next summer.

I prefer bright colors...I lean toward rainbow colorways, though I've seen lots I'd love that aren't rainbow...all of them are bright, happy, more girly colors (not necessarily pink). 

What do you recommend? Thanks SO much!  

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Woven help please

• Honestly, I recommend browsing TBW's FSOT board until you find a pattern and price combination you like. :)  Might not get you "the perfect wrap", but it will get you something you like.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTiffanyBerry:
    Honestly, I recommend browsing TBW's FSOT board until you find a pattern and price combination you like. :)  Might not get you "the perfect wrap", but it will get you something you like.

I totally agree - unless you try dozens of wraps, you aren't going to notice big differences between them.  I would suggest going with an all cotton as that will be easiest to care for and hold up the best.  You can always ask the seller if the wrap is thinner or thicker to figure out if it will suit for summer.  Zaras are medium thin IMO.  One thing to keep in mind...if you've been tying near the ends at all in the Zara, you may want to size up in other brands; Zaras have much steeper tapers that make them "wrap longer" than most brands. 

• Loading the player...
  • If you want to buy new, Girasols come in beautiful multicolor colorways. They aren't too expensive new, so you could get exactly what you want now.

Vatanai is a highly recommended lightweight wrap. Granola babies is having a sale right now on the newest design/color, tintagel. It is green with flowers and dragons. I am so tempted :. https://www.granolababies.com/collections/babycarriers/products/vatanai
  • I received an Ellaroo woven wrap as a shower gift. I do plan to wear my baby and was excited to get it. I have a few questions and I thought this thread would be appropriate!

I've noticed a few comments from you all that a woven wrap needs to be broken in. Can I just wash it a few times to acheive a better situation? Why do they need to be broken in? Softness?

Any other information about a woven wrap (this brand or just woven in general) would be helpful. I haven't seen many comments about the Ellaroo and that makes me kind of nervous. Should I exchange it??

• imagejeggomyeggo:
    I received an Ellaroo woven wrap as a shower gift. I do plan to wear my baby and was excited to get it. I have a few questions and I thought this thread would be appropriate!
    I've noticed a few comments from you all that a woven wrap needs to be broken in. Can I just wash it a few times to acheive a better situation? Why do they need to be broken in? Softness?
    Any other information about a woven wrap this brand or just woven in general would be helpful. I haven't seen many comments about the Ellaroo and that makes me kind of nervous. Should I exchange it??
    nbsp;
    I'm currently borrowing an Ellaroo from my babywearing groups lending library and I am in love. I don't have experience with other brands so I can't compare, but it certainly isn't an unheard of brand.
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"