Working Moms
Options

Daycare party - treats

DS is 2 and his daycare class is having a Halloween party tomorrow afternoon. His flyer said that they could brings a "small treat to share with the class." How would you interpret this?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have no desire to make something like cupcakes or cookies tonight but would have no problem buying a small bag of candy for them to pass out. Thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Daycare party - treats

• Options
    Buy a box of individually wrapped Rice Krispie Treats, Walmart has a box of 50 (I think) for $10.  I wouldn't buy candy bc a lot of candy has peanuts in it and you never know. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always do non candy treats on days like this. Blueberry muffins (homemade or Tim Hortons!), indv pretzal bags, raisins, goldfish. The year DS was a dinosaur I sent a box of dinosaur shaped cookies. The teachers divided at snack time.

This year I'm missing DS's morning party so I'm sneaking in with a veggie tray in the shape of a pumpkin (Pinterest) for the afternoon snack. The teachers are excited.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tehy also have bags of teddy grahams or goldfish for Halloween you could buy for the kids.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    We take in Welch's fruit treats.  They sell boxes of individual bags which are perfect.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

What about something like this?

https://pimpmydinner.blogspot.com/2011/10/spooky-healthy-snack.html

Looks easy and is healthy considering a lot of other goodies might not be.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our Target has small Halloween-themed bags of pretzels, goldfish, raisins, and some other healthy snacks.  I'd send something along those lines since they'll be getting so much candy later in the day.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing cheese sticks or I think they call it string cheese.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We sent a Halloween book and a game of Pin the tail on the black cat (we got both at a grocery store.)

• Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    We take in Welch's fruit treats.  They sell boxes of individual bags which are perfect.

This, fruit snacks.  

• Options

imageEastCoastBride:

This, fruit snacks.  

• Options
    We will send a Halloween book and a game of pin the tail on the black cat (both bought at the local grocery store). They have enough candy and treats.

• Options

Little boxes of rasins or small containers of playdough

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  I ended up getting Halloween lucky charms squares (sort of like rice crispy treats) which I'm not super excited about, but were the best I could find during my rushed Wal-Mart trip during my lunch break.  I will try and keep your ideas on hand for the next party, when I hopefully won't wait until the last minute. 

View Full Size Image

• Options

I just grab something from the store.  Ours was much more specific - we had to sign up on a sheet for a specific item.  I picked goodie bags and put cheapo toys in them. :)  They get enough junk food.  Other items were fruit, cookies, and cupcakes. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I signed up for Clementines-the little oranges- for LOs class this year.  They drew pumpkin faces on them, something different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"