Babies: 3 - 6 Months

miserable....she won't nap anywhere but in our bed!!!

Hi all.... I am at my wit's end. My baby will give me a good long nap in the afternoon, anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 hours...but it has to be in our bed. She won't fall asleep unless I rest her in the crook of my arm, and snuggle her. It's driving me crazy because inevitably, I end up falling asleep and wasting some valuable time I could have to myself, and I worry about her being safe in a "big bed" alone. I tried to put her in her crib today, and she just babbles until it turns to tears. Has anyone successfully changed where their LO naps or is this how it's going to be now? :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: miserable....she won't nap anywhere but in our bed!!!

• DS has been like this recently. Sometimes he will only sleep if he is in bed with me for naps and sometimes at night if he wakes up. More often then not he STTN, but he is teething so some nights are rough. I breastfeed him so we have done things like this since the day he was born. It has gotten me through those rough nights.

Someday I will lay in bed until DS is sleeping and then get up and do what I need to do leaving him in our bed. Other days (depending on how tired I am) I join him and take a nap with him.  Or I wait a while until I know he is really asleep scoop him up and put him in his PNP that is in our room.

• Consistency is the key to starting a new routine.  You're probably going to have a number of bad days while you work on getting her to sleep in her crib.  I would try to make the naptime routine very similar to the bedtime routine.  You might also want to start with getting her to sleep and then moving her to her crib.  If she wakes up and starts crying, the just start over.  Eventually, she'll get the idea that if she wants to sleep, she's going to have to do it in her crib.  Like I said, you'll probably have some rough days while working on the new routine.... but once you have your afternoons to yourself, you'll be sooooo happy you put in the work to get her to sleep in her crib! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"