Trouble TTC
Options

pcos anyone

i just found out i have pcos about 3 mths ago , an i have read up alot but still feel like im lost 

im not insulin resistant so most of the reading i did applied to those who are

any women in here who have pcos but arent insulin resistant pm me

what treatments have you done 

what was successful for you

good luck to you too 

Re: pcos anyone

• Options
    hi! you are definitely not alone many ladies have pcos. I have atypical lean pcos (actually underweight) and am not insulin resistant. I haven't had any success yet but there are many treatments you can look into. Have you seen an RE yet?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So sorry about your new diagnosis!  How did your Dr (RE I hope and not an OB/GYN) determine you are not IR?  The only true way to rule out insulin resistance in PCOS is to do blood draws every 15 minutes for 24 hours because the insulin spikes are too fast to catch on a GTT and do not impact your A1c.  I was told for years that I was not IR, then found an RE who happened to have carried out research on it specifically.  Since being on met for 1.5 months now, I have dropped 8 pounds and just feel better!  Keep in mind insulin levels directly impact egg quality.
    Married: 7/2/11 TTC: 12/2011
    Me: 31, PCOS DH: 37, low morph and low counts

4 medicated TI, 1 IUI+Femara, 1 IUI+GonalF = BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron/GonalF (Dec 2012)= 30R, 21M, 21F with ICSI, 18 HIP frosties!!!
    FET in August 2013 

http://i45.tinypic.com/21pym9.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! Sorry you have PCOS, I do as well.  I just did my first round of Clomid (100mg) and responded really well to it.  My RE was surprised by how well I did too actually.  There is a lot you can do, but just make sure to see an RE and get the proper testing done. Good luck to you!
    TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)
    IUI #1-3 - Low Post-Wash Counts - All BFNs
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI: Long Lupron Protocol - Freeze-All Cycle due to Severe OHSS
    ER 4/27, 33 Eggs Retrieved, 13 Frosties
    FET #1 6/5, Transferred One Perfect 4AA Blast, HPT BFP @ 6dp5dt
    Beta #1 - 209, Beta #2 - 508, Beta #3 - 1,059
    EDD 2/20/14
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about the dx. I also have PCOS (also atypical lean) and have tried metformin and clomid.  I responded HORRIBLY to even a small dose of metformin, but responded very well to 50mg of Clomid. Other than IF, the only other PCOS "symptom" I have is adult acne.  BUT, its SO much better now that I've started treatment (except for the week I have AF).  I'm not sure which med is helping it, but I'm not complaining!! Good luck :-)

Fall 2013: Fertility treatments = first BFP!!
    07/23/2013 Drew Steven born at 5lb 12oz

02/10/14: Surprise, spontaneous BFP!
    EDD: 10/11/2014 Stick, baby, stick!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"