Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C today, details in post

Here is my personal story.  

I had my D&C today and I'm so glad I did it.  I was feeling horrible physically and emotionally since Thursday when we got the news that it was not a viable pregnancy.  Mine was a missed miscarriage, I had no cramps or bleeding and no clue anything was wrong.  My doctor told me I could wait for my body to take over, but that can take weeks.  For my own sanity I needed this over, I needed relief from this.  I did not want to to do the pills for many reasons, but it was not for me.

No food or drink after midnight was really the worst part.  I still have excessive thirst and M/S from the continued tortuous preggo symptoms.  I felt so sick waiting for my pre-op.  They called me back and started an IV drip for fluids.  Once I went back I was out in seconds and then woke up.  No pain and I remember nothing.  I had cramping when I woke up but it's gotten better and I have meds.  I have light bleeding, but it's not horrible.  They did give me and antibiotic in my IV and I hear thats pretty common.  They said the pregnancy symptoms will slowly taper off.  I got the Rhogam shot bc I'm RH-. 

I was woozy but came to quickly.  I got ice chips, then juice and graham crackers. I literally felt better right away.  I can't explain it but it was such a relief.  I know I have a journey from here, but now I can start healing and start having hope.  

I hope this story helps someone, as all your stories and support helped me.   

I go back in 2 weeks for post appointment. Doctor said to wait for 1 period to try again. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: D&C today, details in post

• I am glad it was a relief to you - it was for me as well.

Take care of yourself and rest today. Sending vibes and hugs for your next steps of recovery. {{HUGS}}

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Sorry for your loss.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for sharing your story. I am so very sorry for your loss!

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

• Thanks for sharing this. I am having my D and C tomorrow morning. I hope they put me out for it. I hear some doctors just numb you, but I dont want to be awake for that. Glad you are feeling better already. Hopefully I will soon too.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • imageSarahDavis83:
    Thanks for sharing this. I am having my D and C tomorrow morning. I hope they put me out for it. I hear some doctors just numb you, but I dont want to be awake for that. Glad you are feeling better already. Hopefully I will soon too.

Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly. Please let us know.  I hope you get some relief quickly too. 

• So glad everything went well!  It was a relief for me as well, to have the d&c. Sending you hope for peace. ((HUGS))

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagejenohouston:

imageSarahDavis83:
    Thanks for sharing this. I am having my D and C tomorrow morning. I hope they put me out for it. I hear some doctors just numb you, but I dont want to be awake for that. Glad you are feeling better already. Hopefully I will soon too.

Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly. Please let us know.  I hope you get some relief quickly too. 

The same!!  Let us know everything went OK!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  We experienced the same thing last year.  It was very hard for me to get over.  I found that I needed to do something to help the grieving process.  I ended up making a quilt for our King size bed.  

Even though you can start trying again after one cycle, my advice would be to wait until you are emotionally stable.  Even though the pregnancy ended, I still felt guilty that I couldn't carry the baby. Personally, we waited six months before we started trying again.

• I am so sorry for your loss.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I am also having a D&C tomorrow. I have had some anxiety around it, but I also want this process to be over. Your post has def made me feel better about it. Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageedgia:
    Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to hear about your loss.nbsp;I am also having a Damp;C tomorrow. I have had some anxiety around it, but I also want this process to be over. Your post has def made me feel better about it. Thank you!

I'm so glad it could help. Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get some relief and a little peace after, like I did. Please let us know how you are.
  • So sorry for your loss! Thanks for sharing your story. I just got bad news today and will be going in for a D&C tomorrow or later this week (waiting for hospital confirmation via doctor). Hearing your story makes me feel a lot less stressed about it all.
  • I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageldawngirl:
    So sorry for your loss! Thanks for sharing your story. I just got bad news today and will be going in for a D&C tomorrow or later this week (waiting for hospital confirmation via doctor). Hearing your story makes me feel a lot less stressed about it all.

I'm so sorry for  your loss.  I hope your D&C goes well.  Please keep us posted.

• I am very very sorry for your loss. Our stories seem to be very similar.. mine was a missed m/c and I needed to do the d&c for my own sake.

sending lots of t&ps your way.

::hugs:: 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3