March 2012 Moms
Options

hi all, re-intro

During my pregnancy & the first few months of my DS life I was more of a lurker/very occasional poster but I'm soon to be a SAHM & figured it would be good to come back to a place where I have other moms to talk to :)

Also, got the idea to do this intro from another post. 

A.J. is 7 months tomorrow. No teeth yet, crawling, sitting up well. He was breastfed for 3 months & has formula since. Started eating solids at 5 1/2 months. Now he eats 2-3 meals a day and 3-4 8oz bottles a day. He STTN (generally 7:30p-8a) and is a horrible napper. DH and I are both fairly young, we're in our early 20's. Up until I had DS I was a makeup artist, loved my job but insane hours to work with. DH is in the military. I'm hoping I can re-join you ladies :) I don't have a lot of friends IRL and the one's I do don't live near me since we've had to relocate. Thanks :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hi all, re-intro

• Options
    Welcome! My SO and I are also young parents. Early 20s. And we also moved away and live away from all of our friends and family. Have  you thought about joining a playgroup? I found one on meetup.com and have been a part of it for a few months now and it has really helped me. I make sure to go to one playgroup activity at least once a week. It kept me from sitting around the house all day since I knew no one and will help teach Isaac to socialize. Even though in the beginning since he couldn't do much with the other kids it was more for me to get out and meet people than for him. But I was really happy I joined it. It really helped me because not having anyone around me was hard. And since I am a SAHM I had no way to meet other parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi! Yay for posting more!

SAHM here too. Some days great, others boring, and others all I want to do is get a break. :) I am starting to make some more friends because of the church we attend but before that, all my friends lived away from me. I understand that. Not in my early 20s anymore. I am officially "mid 20s." :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!! I will also be SAHM starting December...can't wait to spend more time with DS. Anyway, your Lo looks adorable :) Glad to have you posting rather than lurking ;)
  • Options
    Hello, and welcome back! I am a SAHM to a seven month old daughter. Wow seven months already. I understand where you are coming from. I am in my mid twenties, and all my friends are no where close. I am from Indiana, my closest neighbor is a mile away. There are no mom groups close, so it can get a little lonely. The bump helps so much. Not only do I get answers to questions, but I also get adult interaction! I wouldn't trade being a SAHM for anything though. I look forward to future post from you!
  • Options
    WB ... I'm an anti social working mom.. so I have no advice at all.. but these ladies will steer you right :)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) thanks for the suggestions on meet ups and what not. We'll be relocating in Jan. so maybe when I find out where we're going I'll have to find a group. I think that would probably help me keep somewhat sane. I don't mind staying at home with DS all day but sometimes I feel it may be unhealthy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"