Breastfeeding
Options

2 week old LO, trouble with breastfeeding

Hey all, I'm a FTM and my LO is just 2 weeks old. Recently she's been having issues with staying focused at feedings, she will eat for 5ish minutes and then pull off acting confused and frustrated (esp at my right side) and then it usually takes a couple minutes to get her calmed down and eating again. I'm not sure if she's going through a growth spurt or what but last night she didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time and was inconsistently feeding all night long. She finally slept this AM for awhile but I'm just concerned I'm not doing the right thing for her. Any suggestions on what I can do?
IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2 week old LO, trouble with breastfeeding

• Options

Your are doing the right thing by breastfeeding.. it can be frustrating at times but the benefits are worth every frustrating minute! My LO did this when by breasts were engorged because he was having troubles latching on. Could this be the problem? 

I would also suggest calling a lactation consultant if your continue having trouble. (of you can just send me a private message if you want, I've recently helped a couple of my friends through breastfeeding troubles)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I bet if you asked every Mom on this board they will tell you at 2 weeks is when they thought they would give up. Theres something about this week that is so very difficult, Hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my DD had this problem at 3 weeks! She ended up having gas stuck and would cry or not want to BF and have it in her mouth and cry :( DH came in picked her up and walked around for 3 minutes and got 4 huge burps from her, brought her back and she BF like crazy! For some strange reason when I'd walk her she wouldn't burp for me, but she did with DH...maybe its Gas? If so, get the drops, I've been told they work wonders! And make sure your pediatrician agrees :) HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"