Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Moby vs Maya wrap

I am looking to purchase a wrap to wear around the house to carry my little one in. I've been looking at the Maya and the Moby wrap. Anyone have any experience with these? I have the Ergo carrier for when we go hiking or on longer trips out of the house, but I wanted something for around the house so I have free hands! I think the most important thing to me is feeling confident that she is secure. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!  :) 

Re: Moby vs Maya wrap

• Options
    Well a Moby is one continuous piece of fabric that can be tied in different ways and can be worn on two shoulders.  The Maya Wrap is not really a wrap, it's a ring sling that can only be used in one shoulder carriers and cannot really be 100% hands free until your LO is old enough to sit up on their own.  I also think the Maya Wrap, which is a lovely ring sling, limits your movement in that the shoulder where the wrap rests does not have full range of movement.  If you really want free hands the Moby or a wrap is the way to go.  And for long term use I'd look at German Style Wovens, not the Moby.  A Didymos, Natibaby, or Girasol would be good bets for a beginner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much...this is really helpful!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The store I went to was showing me and comparing the Maya Wrap vs K'Tan. The thing she mentioned to me was that the Maya is a little harder to get the hang of but it is infinitely size-scalable if you and your DH are different sizes. The K'Tan is easier to use but is sized so it might not fit both you and your DH. My DH and I are close-enough in size so we're going with the K'Tan. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I've been looking to get the moby wrap as I've tried one from a friend and loved it! The maya I don't know much about. Another friend made a moby wrap for like, under $10 and loves it too!
  • Options
    No experience with Maya. Sister has a Moby, she says it's super hot to wear. IMO it's overpriced for being just a long piece of knit fabric.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"