Success after IF
Options

Am I the only one? (Possible TMI)

So, DH and I just got back to having sex since being pg and having the baby. He keeps saying how he wants to try and get magically pg. While I want to because it would be cheaper, I am sure not missing having sex as a chore. For four and a half years, it was never fun, then we had to be careful when we were doing the ER and FET, and then we were too scared when I was pg. I don't want to go back to that feeling and am just enjoying being with my DH right now (and our baby is only 2 months old :). Am I the only one who would just rather do the FET than go through all the charting and the worry and the disappointment? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Am I the only one? (Possible TMI)

• Options
    Nope.  My cycle didn't come back until 11 months, but DH was ready at about 3 months (and I thought he was nuts).  I don't know if I would have been able to let go of the control of knowing what was going on, so if I had a cycle earlier I probably would have pushed DH to use condoms so I didn't have to chart.   As soon as we found out we had insurance coverage for FETs we didn't even think about trying on our own first.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

We didn't want to try right away so I went on BCP after my 6 week PP appt.  We started trying on our own in June and when I went 60+ days with no AF we went right back to the RE.  I didn't want to go through hoping I would ovulate on my own when I know I don't.  I was all for going through treatments again because I feel like we have more control that way (we have only tried IUI and TI so our situation isn't quite the same). 

Can you just try not charting for awhile and "see what happens"?

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We went straight to the RE and never tried on our own.  I stopped BFing in late September and started Lupron in October. We're doing a FET (and I feel the need to use all of my embryos).  I probably would have tried on our own for s*%ts and giggles if we had to do another fresh cycle.

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I understand how you feel.  I only did IUI, not IVF, so it's a little different.  But I would give anything to be able to even have a chance to get pregnant the old fashioned way, without charting and stressing and making special time into a chore.  But since I don't ovulate, I am guessing that will never happen.  It definitely seems like it would be easier to go through a medicated cycle, or several of them, than to deal with the stress of "trying on our own."  That will only lead to heartache.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    You are definately not on your own.  I felt more anxious trying on our own than I did going through fertility tx!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"