Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro- & ?

Hi Ladies,

I am over here from TTGP. We were trying for 12 months/8 cycles, when we got our BFP. I was told 10/18 that the baby stopped developing. I went for a follow-up U/S on 10/23 to confirm no growth and no heartbeat. (more details in siggy) I have chosen to miscarry naturally. Through the whole pregnancy I have never had any sever cramping or spotting and still nothing. I hate trying to process this whole situation while I am also waiting for it to begin to happen...you know?

For those who have m/c naturally: How long after you found out the pregnancy was not progressing did you begin to miscarry?

I have a follow-up appt 11/12. They said I should have begun to m/c naturally by then or be done, and if not to discuss other options.

Thank you in advance for your responses :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro- & ?

• I am so sorry for your loss. {{HUGS}}

I had a missed miscarriage and was not showing any signs of spotting, etc., so I chose to have a d&c the week after I found out. I just wasn't sure I could handle the waiting, personally.

So, I can't answer your question, but I wanted to show you some support. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I cannot answer your question, but I can tell you that we found out at 9w1d and they estimated that the baby had stopped growing at 6w5d. I had no signs of miscarriage whatsoever. I did opt for the D&C because I did not think I could handle the waiting.  Still had no signs of miscarriage when I went in at 9w6d.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry for your loss. I had a natural m/c at 15 weeks, 5 days on the day I had an ultrasound and found out the baby measured 13 weeks, 1 day - so it was a good 2.5 weeks before the process started.  Sometimes they can give you medication to speed up the process, did the doctor offer you that?  I also developed an infection in my uterus after the m/c from carrying the tissue, so I would ask about antibiotics.  They tested betas each week afterward to follow to zero and I was ready to start trying again.  I hope things go quickly for you. So sorry you are going through this. 
    TTC since 2/2009
    11/2010 - Surprise BFP - m/c @ 16 weeks - dx Lupus Anticoagulant
    1/2012 - Clomid & IUI #4= BFP twins! On Lovenox - m/c @ 16 weeks

9/2012 - Clomid & IUI #5= BFP! EDD 6/6/13

I may have to wait....I'll never give up.
    I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. - Buble
  • I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs)).  I never had an ultrasound before my miscarriage.  So one day I just started bleeding heavily and had my m/c that day at 7w3d.  Sorry I didn't really answer your question.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My doc said it could take weeks with a missed miscarriage for it to happen naturally. I opted for a D&C.  I could not wait. I'm sorry for everything your going through and I'm so sorry for your loss.

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I recognize you from TTGP. For me, I started bleeding and then continued to miscarry naturally. (So it wasn't a missed miscarriage).  Sorry I can't answer your question.  But I wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all for the kind words and support. I truly appreciate it.

They gave me 3 options. Naturally, the pills, or dc. We chose to m/c naturally, and I guess I just assumed it would happen but now I am starting to think otherwise. Plus, the waiting is hard. They did say at my follow up on nov 12th, we will discuss the other options if it hasn't happened yet due to the risk of infection.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences.

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

• imagenicnique:
    Thank you all for the kind words and support. I truly appreciate it. They gave me 3 options. Naturally, the pills, or dc. We chose to m/c naturally, and I guess I just assumed it would happen but now I am starting to think otherwise. Plus, the waiting is hard. They did say at my follow up on nov 12th, we will discuss the other options if it hasn't happened yet due to the risk of infection. Thank you again for sharing your experiences.

Good luck, I hope it happens quickly for you. Please let us know how you are doing.   

• I am so sorry for your loss. 

With my first loss I waited 2 weeks after we found out to miscarry on my own and unfortunately it did not happen. I spotted the whole time, but I spotted through the whole pregnancy as well.  I ended up taking the cytotec to induce it and it worked.  The nice thing about taking the pills is that you can control when it happens, you can do it at home and it has less risk than a d&c.  It's also cheaper.  If you opt for the pills be sure to ask your doctor about pain relief options. 

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sorry for your loss.

GL.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello... I am so sorry for your loss.  It's unfortunate that you find yourself here, but these ladies are incredibly supportive.   

I started spotting on 10/8, had a follow-up ultrasound because of the spotting on 10/10, and confirmed the miscarriage on 10/11.  The baby had stopped growing almost two weeks earlier.  I miscarried that night.  It was terrible.  We had scheduled the d&c for the next morning.  

When we went in the doctor still wanted to do the d&c, I still had tissue left.  She said I would have continued to bleed until I passed that last tissue/clot.  I only bled a day or two after my d&c and all spotting stopped within a week. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm terribly sorry for your loss!  It is awful to know that it's over and to just be waiting for it to really and truly be over...

I found out on Sept 14th that chances were VERY good that I had a blighted ovum/missed miscarriage.  I started bleeding on September 20th, and passed all of the actual tissues on the 21st.  It was like a regular period after that.  It was a blessing for it to happen so quickly.  I don't think I could have taken another week or two or more of just waiting...Something to consider for sure.

Good luck, and again, I'm so sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"