Stay at Home Moms

WWYD DD's teeth coming in close together and crooked

My little Anna's baby teeth are coming in close together and slightly crooked. My other girls' teeth have gaps in between. I know they are just baby teeth but I'm still a little concerned. I didn't get adequate dental care as a child, I started going regularly when I turned 18. I had some cavities that needed to be filled and had 2 teeth extracted because I have some condition where my top jaw is set too far back and because of that, my adult teeth came in very close together and pushed those 2 teeth to come in along the inner side of the rest of my teeth. My dentist told me that any one of my kids could have the same condition. Anna is only 15 months old but I'm considering taking her to the dentist next month when DD1 has her appointment. She has all 8 teeth in the front plus 3 molars coming in. All of her front teeth are close together and most are little crooked. Anyone else's LO's teeth look like this? Have they been to the dentist? Was it a concern?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: WWYD DD's teeth coming in close together and crooked

• I took K last month because he had a tiny overlap on his bottom teeth. They do babies for free, so I took him when I took DD. they painted his teeth with fluoride and said that overlapping in baby teeth is an indicator of what the adult teeth will do. They said that we will keep an eye on it, not much we can do right now.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've always heard that gaps between baby teeth is a good sign that there will be room for adult teeth. So, I might think that the opposite would mean that there could be crowding. I would take her to the dentist. It's recommended that they get their teeth looked at as early as 1 year, anyway. (We waited until 2, though.) I think it's hard to know anything concrete until all of their baby teeth are in, though, FWIW.

And I understand about being worried--I had a severe overbite and had permanent molars removed on top to deal with crowding, braces, headgear, retainers, the works. Oh and cavities, though I went to the dentist regularly and brushed well all of my life.  Teeth issues aren't fun! 

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I would start taking them to the dentist now.  The new recommendation is 12 months.  I started taking DD at 18 months, when I received the newsletter from our insurance making us aware of the new guidelines for kids' oral health. 

DD's teeth are close together too.  The dentist told me that her teeth are going to be prone to cavities since they are so close together so absolutely no juice, to make sure she keeps seeing the dentist every 6 months, and to make sure we keep up our regular brushing and flossing routine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCherryblossoms07:

I would start taking them to the dentist now.  The new recommendation is 12 months.  I started taking DD at 18 months, when I received the newsletter from our insurance making us aware of the new guidelines for kids' oral health. 

DD's teeth are close together too.  The dentist told me that her teeth are going to be prone to cavities since they are so close together so absolutely no juice, to make sure she keeps seeing the dentist every 6 months, and to make sure we keep up our regular brushing and flossing routine.

My teeth are so close together even the dental hygienist has trouble flossing them. As a result I have had quite a few cavities and every single one of them has been between my teeth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"