Breastfeeding

Inaccurate Measurements on Storage Bags?

Has anyone else run into this issue?  I have the Medela pump and save bags and the Lansinoh bags and both seem to have the same problem - the ounces shown on the pumped bottle don't match the ounces on the bag!

Usually the bags make it seem like there is a half ounce to an ounce MORE than what I think I actually pumped.  With the Medela brand, I'm opening them up all the way so they stand as I pour in the pumped milk from the bottle.  The Lansinoh brand doesn't have the stand up feature and it seems a little bit closer to what is in the bottle but still over.

Do you just trust the bottle? I don't want to dump it into a measuring cup and then into the bag and risk loosing some in all of the transfers. Any suggestions?

Re: Inaccurate Measurements on Storage Bags?

• Mine are way off. I go off the bottle.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I trust my medela bottle measurements and just mark the correct amount of ounces on the storage bag.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I also noticed that the storage bags seem designed to make me feel better about pumping but they are not accurate. I go by the bottle I pump into and mark each bag appropriately.
  • I go by the bottle measurements too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use the bottle measurements...I've noticed that the bags are always off by about an ounce.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FYI - The Lanosh bags actually say "approximate" amount.  I pump into bottles.  The bottles are accurate.  THen I pour into a bag and write the amount on the bag.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"