October 2011 Moms
Options

Introduction to Dairy not going well

We started giving Edison products with dairy in them on Saturday with some yogart bites, frozen greek yogart and other items that contained it, but no straight millk.  He seemed to do okay and slept normal (for him) on Saturday night.  Then Sunday night he threw up before bed and again in the morning and woke up crying last night and when I picked him up he threw up and had diarrhea a few times yesterday and today.

I'm guessing it's dairy related, so we're cutting it out again until he doesn't seem to be sick anymore.  I guess I will just have to reintroduce again in a few days.  I hate to do this, but I'm not sure he's just not sick.  For those switching to WCM, any throwing up?  Did you just keep giving it?  I know there's been some diarrhea posts, but I wasn't sure if there were any throwing up issues.  We're still on Nutramigin as per the pedi's suggestion.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introduction to Dairy not going well

• Options

I'm not sure what's going on with G. He has been on a lactose sensitive formula for most of this past year. He did fine when we introduced yogurt and cheese. But the past week since we started introducing WCM (3/4 formula and 1/4 WCM) he has started throwing up. He used to spit up constantly from reflux but really hasn't done it for a few months before this, so to me it seems like it's related to WCM. Not sure if we should just keep going or what... He might be popping a little bit more but it's not really diarrhea. I'm open to advice here! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelisajay09:
    I would stop the dairymilk and ask the pedi. Both of my kids had severe milk protein allergies, like where they were pooping lots of visible blood. Both were on Elecare prescription formula. At 10 months we started a milk challenge by very slowly introducing yogurt, then cheese, then other dairy products. As long as there was no change in poop or otherwise, we could continue. Then at our 1 year appointment both babies were cleared to slowly start cows milk. We did and both were fine. Absolutely no changes. I would definitely stop the milk and talk to the pedi. Some babies grow out of the allergy, some don't. Maybe they need some more time? But if there's vomiting, I wouldn't continue.

Thanks...the pedi recommended starting with yogart, but he has no interest in yogart, but I was able to get him to eat the frozen greek yogart from Oikos and some Gerber Yogart bites.  The other stuff that had dairy in it was basically baked into a cookie.  Yeah, I sound like a great mother with these foods!  I swear he eats foods good for him too!  I may try the yogart bites again in a few days and if he vomits, I'm guessing it wasn't just a stomach bug...I hate to do that to him though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're just now starting on dairy and so far she'll only eat baked items. I tried yogurt, ice cream, cottage cheese and string cheese and all of themshe took a bite and started gagging and refused to keep eating. She will eat literally anything else we give her so I'm assuming it bothered her and am waiting awhile to try again.
  • Options
    imageRoxRing:

imagelisajay09:
    I would stop the dairymilk and ask the pedi. Both of my kids had severe milk protein allergies, like where they were pooping lots of visible blood. Both were on Elecare prescription formula. At 10 months we started a milk challenge by very slowly introducing yogurt, then cheese, then other dairy products. As long as there was no change in poop or otherwise, we could continue. Then at our 1 year appointment both babies were cleared to slowly start cows milk. We did and both were fine. Absolutely no changes. I would definitely stop the milk and talk to the pedi. Some babies grow out of the allergy, some don't. Maybe they need some more time? But if there's vomiting, I wouldn't continue.

Thanks...the pedi recommended starting with yogart, but he has no interest in yogart, but I was able to get him to eat the frozen greek yogart from Oikos and some Gerber Yogart bites.  The other stuff that had dairy in it was basically baked into a cookie.  Yeah, I sound like a great mother with these foods!  I swear he eats foods good for him too!  I may try the yogart bites again in a few days and if he vomits, I'm guessing it wasn't just a stomach bug...I hate to do that to him though!

Sorry, Yogurt is one of those words I can NEVER spell right.  It took me years to learn to learn to spell beauty.  Too many vowels.
  • Options
    imageMackalien13:
    Addie was diagnosed with Milk Protein Intercolitis by the allergist. He said not to try and introduce until 2.

Lo had such bad diarrhea before we figured out what was wrong and when we were making sure the soy and dairy were out of my milk that E think dairy is a synonym for the trots and if his stomach hurts he says he thinks he has dairy lmao.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"