Parenting after a Loss
Options

~*~Infant Check-in~*~

Good morning, ladies! Hope everyone had a fab weekend.

Any milestones this week? Funny stories? Challenges?

GTKY: With the holidays coming up, are you planning to start/continue any traditions with your LO(s)? 

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~Infant Check-in~*~

• Options

DH and I started a loose bedtime routine over the weekend after having a few seriously fussy nights. So far, it's going great. She's always gone to bed late and we don't fight it since we're night owls, too, and I'd rather get more sleep in the morning anyway. Around 10:30 we've been giving DD a bath, then playing with her/reading books until she starts to get a little sleepy. Then she gets wrapped up, pacifier, and cuddles with DH until she falls asleep. Far prefer this over the inconsolable wailing that was beginning around 11 p.m. until she exhausted herself and passed out.

I love Christmas ALMOST as much as I love Halloween, though one of my favorite Christmas traditions I think we won't be able to share with DD until she's older. When I was a kid we would always make hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and then pile into the car with travel cups and drive around looking at Christmas lights. DH and I have kept this up since we've been together, largely because I've insisted Stick out tongue But the logistics of this with an infant are less than desirable. I think once she's a few years old this is something I would love to share with her.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi ladies!

We had a last-minute trip out to the in-laws' yesterday for MIL's birthday. DS handled the 2+ hour trip out really well, but we got stuck in a traffic jam on the way back so it took us almost 3 hours to get home. DD whined for the last 2 hours, and DS wailed until he fell asleep. I felt awful. Poor kids just wanted to get out of the car!

In spite of all that, DS slept from 10 to 6 last night. What a trooper.

His milestone this week is STTN for the first time a few days ago. He's also been putting his hands together a lot; it makes him look like Mr Burns from the Simpsons (eeeeeexcellent....).

GTKY: We're still figuring out what traditions we want to start. At this point we're just trying to keep all 3 sets of grandparents happy without spending the whole holiday season in the car.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRusalkaSings:

I love Christmas ALMOST as much as I love Halloween, though one of my favorite Christmas traditions I think we won't be able to share with DD until she's older. When I was a kid we would always make hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and then pile into the car with travel cups and drive around looking at Christmas lights. DH and I have kept this up since we've been together, largely because I've insisted Stick out tongue But the logistics of this with an infant are less than desirable. I think once she's a few years old this is something I would love to share with her.

This sounds great! I love looking at Christmas lights.

• Options
    imageScooby2358:

His milestone this week is STTN for the first time a few days ago. He's also been putting his hands together a lot; it makes him look like Mr Burns from the Simpsons (eeeeeexcellent....).

GTKY: We're still figuring out what traditions we want to start. At this point we're just trying to keep all 3 sets of grandparents happy without spending the whole holiday season in the car.

How adorable! And creepy Big Smile

I'm a bit worried about this, too, re: keeping families happy. We have relatives close by, but they've started this weird tradition the past few years of having lots of separate holidays, so there have been some years where we've had four Christmases, or four Thanksgivings. I know everyone is excited about DD, but I am not going to make this kid crazy running her from house to house and then letting everyone handle her. It's going to be a challenge.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello ladies!!!
    Today is DDs 2 month check up and shots and I feel like I'm going to throw up!! Lol I just want to get it over and done with, I feel so bad she is going to be in pain and not understand.
    She is getting so strong with holding her head up on her own!!
    I'm sooo excited for the holidays but also don't want to spend a lot of it going from house to house either! And I love looking at Christmas lights too!!!

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • Options
    imagedotmbc:

Any milestones this week?  We have had our first few EBF days with no pumping!!  It is definitely getting easier.  Last night was our first night with no pumping.  

Challenges? GAS!!  He seems to be struggling with gas all the time.  He grunts and turns red and cries, but he is a horrible burper.  I don't know what else we can do to make it easier for him.  we have started giving gas drops, but I can't tell if they are making a difference.

Our other challenge is making it through Sandy this week!  The winds have picked up here and they are supposed to peak today and tonight.   There are people far worse off than us, so hopefully all of our NJ/NY/PA/western CT bumpies make it through with no issues!

GTKY: With the holidays coming up, are you planning to start/continue any traditions with your LO(s)?

I'm trying to decide if I can get away with making a tradition that Christmas night/Christmas morning is for immediate family only (me, A, and DH).  I'm thinking I won't be able to....but I'm hoping to at least do that this year.  Christmas is my last week off of work too...so I don't really want family over stressing me out.

For his gas, have you tried laying him on his back and pushing both legs toward his body? DH does this with DD sometimes and it definitely relieves some pressure!

GL with Sandy and with the holidays! I think we've all got to hold our ground and our families will get over it :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! I have been waiting to check in here. Baby boy W was born on the 19th and so far is awesome. A couple of challenges this week. Figured out W is a tummy sleeper which means weeks more of co sleeping which I am not a huge fan of but it beats no sleep. And I might be getting thrush I am going to do a major diet change and see if it will clear up or if its not thrush then it should fix itself before my appointment on Friday. Also unpacking with a new born when you can't find your moby is a pain! Milestone: he is pick his head up on his own and putting it back down more gracefully [started looking around hours after birth so that's not new]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Hi everyone!

Any milestones this week?  I'm still waiting for a social smile.  He'll be 8 weeks on Thursday.

Funny stories?  He pooped so loud yesterday at my parents house.  My dad actually thought it was the coffee maker finishing up the coffee (ya know that kind of percolating sound they kind of make at the end?)  We were all cracking up.

Challenges?  I can't get myself to try to transition him to the crib.  I really want to try it, but he has been sleeping SO well in his swing during the day and his RNP at night.  I've been getting 8 hours of sleep at night and I don't want to give it up.

GTKY: With the holidays coming up, are you planning to start/continue any traditions with your LO(s)?  Christmas was always my favorite holiday, but it has gotten so hectic that I don't even enjoy it anymore.  This year, we're celebrating with my in-laws on the 24th, so I'm hoping that helps.  I had always spent the 24th at my grandma's house, which I'm sad to not do this year (especially since I'll be hanging out with my in-laws instead.  Blah.)   I hate that things are changing, but it's time for new traditions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD is 4 months old today! Time is flying by and she's getting so big! Tomorrow she has her 4m check up. I'm looking forward to seeing what her stats are, but I'm not looking forward to the shots. Hopfully they won't be too bad. 

Milestones: She's getting better at sitting unassisted. Still a little wobbly, but she's getting stronger. 

GTKY: I'm really looking forward to Christmas! I can't wait to share all of our family traditions with L. Some of them, like baking cookies, will have to wait until next year, though. One tradition we'll have to change is when we open presents. DH and I have opened gifts on Christmas Eve every year we've been together, but since Santa doesn't come until midnight (or there abouts Smile) we'll be moving our opening time to Christmas morning.

In preparation for when we would some day have kids, DH and I established early on set times and days that we would see each part of our family during the holidays. SFIL is the jealous type ("You spend too much time with which-ever-family-member-he's-mad-at-at-the-moment and not enough time with me!"), so Thanksgiving is spent with my family, Christmas is spent at our house with DH's mom, and New Years is spent with DH's dad.  

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options

Hello ladies.  This past week DH was out of state so DD and I were by ourselves.  I focused on just surviving and making sure both of us were fed, washed & all my animals were taken care of too.  DD had a few meltdowns this week and the amount of time between bottles has changed in the afternoon/evenings.  She's now getting 2 more oz a day so probably a bit of a growth spurt.  Sleep has been a major challenge for us this week.

GTKY: For Xmas, I'm looking forward to flying home to see my parents & other relatives.  We're military and don't get to spend time with family every Xmas so it's special when we do.  Unfortunately, I might have to make the trip alone because DH might be deploying.  I'm not looking forward to him being gone for months, that's for sure.

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Milestones: Not really, working on lifting his head during tummy time, that's also one of the challenges.

Other Challenges: Sleep. The last few days, he seems to do a decent nap in the morning, half hour naps and then absolutely hates sleep at night. Yesterday he took a 15 min nap (after fighting it for an hr) and wouldn't sleep until much too late and then only in my arms, restless and crying every so often. It was ridiculous.

We don't really have holiday traditions. The first several years, DH worked on Christmas and for Noah's first Christmas he was mobile so we couldn't have a tree. We had one last year, maybe the year before too, but other than trying to be together, not much. I'd like to start traditions. Maybe games or something. There's a "build Santa's beard" that I like and I want to make a felt Christmas tree to put on the wall for them to decorate too.

• Options

I'm tardy to the party but I'm here!

Any milestones this week? Funny stories? Challenges?

Last night we got our first 4 hour stretch of sleep out of C, it was glorious! We put her down at 11:30 and she woke up around 3:45. I never thought I'd be so excited to sleep 4 hours, lol. The challenges have been getting her down early enough. Most nights I haven't been able to get her to go down until 1:30-2:30! It really takes it out of me.

GTKY: With the holidays coming up, are you planning to start/continue any traditions with your LO?

Well, we already took her to the pumpkin patch, which is our Halloween tradition. For Christmas, I plan to buy her a new ornament every year, like my mom did for me. I always thought that was so special and I cherish all of my ornaments. We will probably start our own family traditions, too. We have talked about making a big breakfast on Christmas morning, buying new Christmas PJs every year. We shall see!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"