Parenting
Options

Gotta Hemi (down) there? TMI warning

Ug. I do.

I've never had this before and it suuuuccks. If you've ever had one, tell me what worked for you and is there a certain amount of time you should go to the doctor? I can't put into words how much it gives me the heebies to think about going to talk to someone about this - so I take it to the interwebz. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gotta Hemi (down) there? TMI warning

• Options

I was ridiculously embarrassed about getting one as well.  Witch hazel pads, Preparation H and cold packs did not take care of it though.  The dr. rx'd me suppositories that cleared it up very quickly. 

• Options

As embarrassing as it was to call a doctor's office and say, "I need an appointment for hemorrhoids," it's better than dealing with the pain.

Plus, it might not be a hemi. Depending on how bad it is, it could be a fissure. I had internal hemis treated after DD1 with lasers (now that's fun, a laser rod up the bum! But it worked and I got almost immediate relief). And a fissure after DD2, that still gives me issues but is treatable with meds.

Trust me, if it's bad enough you're posting about it, it's bad enough to call a doc and get it checked out/have some treatment. If you go to a proctologist, they opted in to the field :) -- and understand just how embarrassed and uncomfortable you are. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelite-bright:

As embarrassing as it was to call a doctor's office and say, "I need an appointment for hemorrhoids," it's better than dealing with the pain.

Plus, it might not be a hemi. Depending on how bad it is, it could be a fissure.

Trust me when I say I know that it is - I would explain, but refuse to type it :)

Thanks, all. Today is day 3. If it's not improved by tomorrow, I'll call. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"