November 2012 Moms

Did you see the thread?

Have you ladies ventured over to the 3rd Trimester board yet today?  OMG....if not, you seriously need to check out the thread on checking your own cervix....

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/69660347.aspx

Re: Did you see the thread?

• Wow...  
  • i don't think it was that weird. i've heard of people doing it. i wouldn't consider it myself but, i mean, some people do do it. and i think the responses were just snarky and mean and other posters were just keeping it up for arguments sake.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just like to say...OMG. We November moms seem so much more normal now (not that there was ever any doubt) but WOWZA. Loved some of the gifs they came up with though :)
    January Siggy Challenge June '15 Moms: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Embarrassed

I didnt think it was that weird. However I was checking my cervix when we were ttc.

My OB also mentioned (during a discussion of when I should head to L&D) that DH could check for me to see how dialated I was. Granted I have no idea if he was kidding or serious and I dont want DH to know about my cervix- he is already laughing about it being compared to a new or old turtleneck...

BTW, I love my OB and he is not a wackjob. Stick out tongue He is a great mix of a Dr and a hippie.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I don't think it's that weird that she was going to check, or that she was asking if anyone else had either.  I was just amused with the flurry of responses and animated gifs to boot.  I'm in the boat of...."what's it really going to hurt?!?"  Seriously, if you're still having sex, how is putting your finger in there any different?  But sheesh!  Some of those women were waaaay too passionate about the subject.
  • I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the mechanics of getting my own hand that far up there.  My vagina hates hands, apparently.  Every time I go to the OB, it closes tight and puts up a fight against Dr. ManHands.

I did side-eye it a little just because of who the OP was.  She posts REALLY dumb stuff, then gets all "you're all meany mean heads" over it.  She's GBCBed three or four times now, usually over something on the Baby Showers Board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • almost the best thread ever!! Agreed the original question wasn't dumb but the responses were hilarious. It sounds like there is a lot of back story to the things she posts about, though. So I can see why people were snark crazy. I, too, think it makes us look normal. Dear God, are we boring??!!!!!

That is just...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageironmom5:

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the mechanics of getting my own hand that far up there.  My vagina hates hands, apparently.  Every time I go to the OB, it closes tight and puts up a fight against Dr. ManHands.

I did side-eye it a little just because of who the OP was.  She posts REALLY dumb stuff, then gets all "you're all meany mean heads" over it.  She's GBCBed three or four times now, usually over something on the Baby Showers Board.

Um yeah, I dont think I could even get my fingers close to where they should be. Not happening.

And yes, OP is a bit of a weirdo when it comes to GBCB.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

• Maybe I should go read some of OP's previous comments.  I didn't know who she was.  What is GBCB by the way?
  • Honestly, I'm not sure why she's posting about it. If she wants to go stick her hand up her hoo-hoo, then she should go do it versus asking for opinions and then freaking out when people disagree with her.

• imageironmom5:

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the mechanics of getting my own hand that far up there.  My vagina hates hands, apparently.  Every time I go to the OB, it closes tight and puts up a fight against Dr. ManHands.

hmm.. intriguing.. one of the other OP's said that too. imma go check out her other posts! 
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageataylor979:
    Maybe I should go read some of OP's previous comments.  I didn't know who she was.  What is GBCB by the way?

Goodbye, Cruel Bump!

It's when someone creates a whole post to say how mean and rude everyone on the boards are, and how they feel bad for our husbands, we should be ashamed of ourselves, and they are leaving forever and never coming back!  It's usually in response to something innocuous that OP took out of hand, or OP was under the impression that not agreeing with you is the same as bullying.  The snarkiness, which is a trademark of TB, generally comes from a place of honesty.  It's the stuff people will say behind your back, except someone has the guts to say it to your "face."

For example (and this was one of OPs "issues"), sure, everyone "in your circle" may do diaper raffles at showers, but most people think they're tacky.  And they will talk about you.  The Baby Showers board is being honest, because really, will Aunt Sadie tell you how tacky you are?  No.  Will she tell Aunt Gertie and Grandma and Cousin Emily?  You bet your tush!

ETA: OP is also a big DD-er (DD = dirty delete, aka deleting a post people responded to because you don't like the responses).  For the newbies, this is generally considered rude on forums, because someone took the time to give you advice, even if someone made a stupid comment.  You're taking the advice away from someone who may be looking for it.

• Thank you for pointing this thread out!!  I needed a good laugh!  WOW!!!!!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Wow... thats pretty crazy. I'll just stay over here with the rest of the November ladies and not get involved in all that drama. The argument and things being posted just blow my mind. 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
  • All kinds of crazy!  I couldn't even make it through that whole thing...
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Several of the responses had me crying, and i almost peed my pants. BUT i think it was a legitimate question. I wouldnt do it, how uncomfortable i am havin gmy dr do it. Plus the fact that i would be terrified of doing any damage bc i am not a trained professional and dont know what im doing/looking for.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I tried it last week Embarrassed. Didn't work...I couldn't find my cervix..all I felt was squishy *** lol. I let my OB check yesterday at my appt and even she had to go wayyyyy in there. I will let her do it from now on. :)
  • imagekissmii:
    i don't think it was that weird. i've heard of people doing it. i wouldn't consider it myself but, i mean, some people do do it. and i think the responses were just snarky and mean and other posters were just keeping it up for arguments sake.

No one was "mean" to her until she started comparing checking her cervix to having sex. Take an anatomy class... a penis doesn't go in your cervix. And when she keeps arguing that the other posters are ignorant is when they jump on her and her own ignorance. Don't post something on a public forum expecting people to answer a certain way.

V|V TSP V|V
  • Yeah, generally if a penis is inside your cervix, you're doing something wrong.
  • imagepuppy_love6969:
    I tried it last week Embarrassed. Didn't work...I couldn't find my cervix..all I felt was squishy *** lol. I let my OB check yesterday at my appt and even she had to go wayyyyy in there. I will let her do it from now on. :)

This - I after seeing the effort my OB has to go through to check, I have no idea how any of us with our adorable bellies would be able to get close enough to figure out what's shaking down there. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageironmom5:
    Yeah, generally if a penis is inside your cervix, you're doing something wrong.

Hahahaha!  You guys slay me. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageironmom5:
    Yeah, generally if a penis is inside your cervix, you're doing something wrong.

Lucky girl if that's the case, WOW!  Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"