Breastfeeding

Crying over left-out milk

Found a 2.5 ounce bottle of milk on the kitchen table this morning. Did I not put it away last night? Did my husband take it out in a sleep stupor?

Either way, it resulted in tears and a string of curse words, of which I am not proud.

I have supply issues. We have been supplementing with formula, but I've been able to increase my supply enough that now he only gets 2-4 oz of formula a day. (I pump when he gets the bottle.)

2.5 ounces. 2.5 ounces. 2.5 ounces.

I can't stop obsessing. Help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crying over left-out milk

• Does it smell bad?
  • Oh nooo!!!! I feel your pain...I had to pour out 3 oz of milk yesterday on Sunday because our sitter had thawed a bag of milk from the freezer and didn't use it all. We had no idea it was from the freezer until Sunday (little man only nursed this weekend - no bottle). My hubby had to pour it out while I cried...

I have supply issues as well - I can only make enough today to use tomorrow. No extra. Period. I pump 3x a day for two 4oz bottles. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry!  I have suffered with supply issues as well, so I know that sucks.  But cut yourself some slack.  It was an accident.  I bet it doesn't happen again soon.  ((hugs))
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"