June 2012 Moms

Halloween and Bedtime

How are you planning on handing LO, Halloween, and bedtime? I plan to give out candy, but I am a little concerned that it is going to run into DS's bedtime. I'm kind of hoping our tricker-treaters will start early enough that I will run out of candy by 7:30 so I can turn off the light and not be bothered any later. Is that horrible of me?

Re: Halloween and Bedtime

• I don't think that's horrible! I never turn my light on. Well for two reasons im a teacher living in the district I teach in and Im the last house on a dead end road.
    We are taking LO to some relatives' homes but I plan to be home by her normal bedtime...hopefully!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's a nonissue for us. We have never given out candy. Ever. Most of our neighbours are retirees. We have 2 kids next door that are too old for Halloween, in my opinion 12 and 15, but we just give them each a chocolate bar before they head out. That's the extent of our Halloween. Neither of us like it, but DH said he'll take DS out when he's older.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just moved to a semi-private area (houses on two parallel blocks back up to each other with a gated alley for garage access, but front of the houses face the street), and a good number of folks have kids, so we are meeting in the alley behind our houses to trick or treat and socialize starting at 5:30.  DD usually goes to sleep between 6-6:30, so we can take her out for a bit in her costume before she goes to bed.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO's bedtime routine begins at 6pm and she goes down at 6:30pm.  I plan to just stick a big bowl of candy on our front step, as of 6pm.  Then, once it's gone, lights out!

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want any candy at our house, I would prob just turn off the porch light at 6pm...so, def not horrible of you! 

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • I'm just putting a bowl out. I don't feel like listening to the doorbell ring every few mins and riling up the LOs every time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"