Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

When to start TTC question

I know this is not the right board for this quuestion and please ignore me if it makes you sad to think about this, but I have only been on this board lately and I don't want to deal with any snarkiness on the TTC boards.

When I had my m/c the doctor who confirmed it told me to wait through just one normal cycle to start trying again. But when I went into the doctor I saw someone else and he told me to wait two cycles. I am anxious to start trying again, but also don't want to ignore the doctor. I had a natural m/c at just 5 weeks and there were no complications. Everything I have read says you usually just need to wait one cycle. I think I sound like a crazy woman, I feel like a crazy woman, but I just don't want to wait any longer than necessary even if it is just one cycle.

Re: When to start TTC question

• Sorry for your loss.

We will tell you the same thing on this board. You need to listen to the advice of your Dr. When I had my DC we were told to wait 3 cycles. We did that and more. Almost a year later we are trying again.

Moral of the story is its important to listen to your Dr. We will not tell you anything different. If you are unclear on your Dr. orders you should call and clarify.
    GL.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    Sorry for your loss. We will tell you the same thing on this board. You need to listen to the advice of your Dr. When I had my DC we were told to wait 3 cycles. We did that and more. Almost a year later we are trying again. Moral of the story is its important to listen to your Dr. We will not tell you anything different. If you are unclear on your Dr. orders you should call and clarify. GL.

Right, I just got two different orders of how long to wait so I just don't know which one to listen to. I'm not trying to not listen, I just don't know which one to listen to, I guess is what I am trying to say? So obviously need to call ha, see crazy lady over here.

• Loading the player...
  • imagenbcarlson:

imageCaliforniaDream87:
    Sorry for your loss. We will tell you the same thing on this board. You need to listen to the advice of your Dr. When I had my DC we were told to wait 3 cycles. We did that and more. Almost a year later we are trying again. Moral of the story is its important to listen to your Dr. We will not tell you anything different. If you are unclear on your Dr. orders you should call and clarify. GL.

Right, I just got two different orders of how long to wait so I just don't know which one to listen to. I'm not trying to not listen, I just don't know which one to listen to, I guess is what I am trying to say? So obviously need to call ha, see crazy lady over here.

You're not crazy! I've been there believe me. Why don't you just call and then go from there. Remember, we have all gone through this process. We are here to support one another.

GL to you.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My OB said 2-3 'normal periods' before trying again.  You have to remember a large percentage of medicine is subjective- so it one MD might be ok with 1 cycle...the other with 2...theres not really a wrong answer. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageramy3695:

I would call my doctor to verify. How long a woman should wait to start TTC after a m/c depends on her personal situation and her doctor.

Also, I doubt you'll find much snark on the TTCAL board. I have only found the women over there to be kind and supportive.  

Thanks ladies I will give them a call! And that is good to know! I haven't been on many of the other boards but I know that some of them can be that way and I just don't feel like dealing with that right now.

• imageramy3695:

Also, I doubt you'll find much snark on the TTCAL board. I have only found the women over there to be kind and supportive.  

I wanted to echo this as well, there really isn't a lot of snark over there.  They even have a regular thread for newbies, so you can ask any questions you'd otherwise be too tentative to ask.  There's also a TTCAL blog link at the top that I found helpful before posting.  But like PP said, I've found them to be very supportive.

My OB tentatively said one cycle, I have a follow-up appointment next week, where we'll discuss it further.  I know I'm hoping she'll say 1 cycle but, am ready/understand if she says 2. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's really frustrating to hear different things from different doctors! I would call the Dr who I know and trust the most for advice. And if you have questions, you can always ask why  they recommend a certain time frame. I was told to wait one cycle. GL!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagepkaren:
    It's really frustrating to hear different things from different doctors! I would call the Dr who I know and trust the most for advice. And if you have questions, you can always ask why  they recommend a certain time frame. I was told to wait one cycle. GL!

This. I'd ask for clarification from the doc you trust most, and ask for the WHY behind the timeline he/she gives you. 

I was told I should wait until after one normal cycle.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• imageramy3695:

I would call my doctor to verify. How long a woman should wait to start TTC after a m/c depends on her personal situation and her doctor.

This exactly. 

• My doctor told me after 1 period, but I know that the timeframe really depends on your personal situation and the doctor.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"