High-Risk Pregnancy

X-Post in 3rd tri- I have a question about GD

I was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and I've already made the dietary changes, as well as starting an established exercise routine. How likely is it that they will want to induce me if I have my glucose levels in control? 

Also, maybe someone could help me on this as well, I eat the recommended diet and have the healthy snacks usually almonds but I Am still so hungry :( I try to fill up on water but that doesn't always work. Do I need to add more protein? I am planning on discussing this with my dietician on Wednesday.  

Me- 29 DH- 37 DD1- 9 DD2- 23 months DD3 due 1/5/13 pregnancy due date

Re: X-Post in 3rd tri- I have a question about GD

• how often are you eating? I was having that problem when I had one snack between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner. They told me I could eat every 2-3 hrs, so I usually eat every 2 and it keeps me from being ravenously hungry by meal time. Protein is always good- it wouldn't hurt to add some protein to your snacks..maybe a piece of string cheese or some jerky with your almonds?

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• More protein will help as well as choosing foods high in fiber, but if you are hungry all the time make sure you let them know. They can help you tweak your diet so that you are more satisfied.

As far as induction, that depends somewhat on your doctor. Most women on meds are induced at 39 weeks, but diet controlled are sometimes allowed to go to 40 or rarely 41 weeks. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told I could have extra protein and veggies any time I was hungry between meals/snacks!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Ive been snacking on no-carb snacks if I'm still hungry.  I eat loads of string cheese. Also, if I test after meals and my levels are really good (I'm talking like 110-115 when they are supposed to be 130) then I have a glass of milk.  It fills me up a little more.  

I'm on insulin 4x a day and they are talking about inducing no later than 39 weeks.  Before the insulin, there was no mention of inducing unless baby's size or other issues were in play.  

~ Single Mother by Choice ~ IUI with donor sperm - BFP on 2nd attempt! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks back and am currently on week 2 of my dietary changes. I have been able to control my numbers with both diet and walking (I know I cant get in 30 mins at work, so I do 10 mins after I eat which helps numbers dramatically!) You dont always have to be induced though, however, I will be around 37 weeks because I'm growing a hefty little guy in there.

I thought I would be hungry all the time too, but after just a few days I wasnt. I found that eating protein only in the mornings helps me get to my morning snack (Snackwells choc. pretzels) and then lunch at noon. Like someone else, string cheese is a great snack which is basically free. I also found that the carb smart icecreams are very good and low in carbs! I know that some people like the greek yogurts, but be careful of those. They sent my numbers through the roof!

Good luck!!

• Well I discussed it with my dietician and got the same feedback as I got from you ladies-

Me- 29 DH- 37 DD1- 9 DD2- 23 months DD3 due 1/5/13 pregnancy due date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"