Pregnant after 35
Options

A different baby monitor question...

Has anybody used a video monitor and really liked it? I went on Consumer Reports to check out reviews and none of the video monitors are above a 54 (out of 100). The top-rated audio monitor was rated 84, just to give some perspective.

I thought the idea of a video monitor was awesome, but I would hate to put out the money for one and then have it not work well or be a pain to use (no battery or poor battery, high interference, unclear video, etc.)...

Anyone with some experience?

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: A different baby monitor question...

• Options
    I would recommend looking for "non baby" video monitors. They will be better quality for the same or less price
  • Options
    We have the Motorola one with the pan, zoom, etc features.  It is so much better than the (non-baby) Radio Shack one we used to have -- we've never had any problem with interference at all and I can walk out to the mailbox, backyard, etc and still get a clear picture without even using the antenna on the receiver.  I also trust their encryption technology more than a baby-product only company like Summer Infant.  If you ask on the baby boards, Motorola definitely gets the most votes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice! Thanks!

Do you know the model number/name? I was trying to look up video monitors and kept getting things like computer monitors and TVs! I'll keep trying, but if you have a model name, that would totally help...
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Options
    Never mind! I found it by typing "Motorola video monitor!" Perfect!

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    All I can say is GET THE VIDEO MONITOR! I felt like it was the best purchase we made. Although we bought the Summer Infant one and it was kinda static-y and the battery barely lasts at all anymore (we'll be getting the Motorola one this time around) we loved being able to see our LO rather than just hearing him. I personally felt like this helped us to get him to sleep through the night sooner because when we heard him cry out or vocalize we could just look at him and see that he was ok, that he didn't have his head stuck in between the crib rails or face down in the crib bumper or anything like that. It made us less likely to jump up and run in there to see what the issue was. We were able to see right there on screen...and there is nothing like peace of mind!! It also helped DH and I get better sleep too! Although I have to warn you...the first few nights when we used it, I couldn't sleep because I was watching the monitor like the Truman Show. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im kind of paranoid about the monitors after seeing a news show about how many of them aren't very secure and can be hacked into. It sounds like the Motorola one is pretty secure, but I would def check out that angle. 
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have the Sharx webcam on a secure ISP address. We still use it every day and it's awesome. It's on a tripod in DS's room and for whatever reason he has never really bothered with it. We also are able to grant access to grandparents with a secure user id and pw so it was very cool for them to watch DS (they are in Florida). 

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    We have the motorola one and LOVE it.  We had the summer's infant or something like that first and it was terrible
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi I am not much of a tech person and I never used a monitor at a with my first baby but my husband is all tech guy and he recently helped someone wire a baby room so that the could watch their baby on their computer/ iPad not sure how they did it but I bet you could google it... I will be asking him to do the same or our house this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"