Cloth Diapering

PF too big

I just got a doz PF and I was SO excited.  I went ahead and prepped them and put them on LO and they are WAY TOO BIG! They are size 2 OsoCozy which should fit 15-30.  LO is 14lbs so I thought they would be a little big but not huge.  I've been looking up some recommendations on how to wear a "too big PF" and someone mentioned cutting and then sewing up the edges to make them a better fit.  This seems like a good idea but then again, I bought the size 2 so they would fit for a longer time so "hemming" them seems to defeat the purpose?  Any tips? TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PF too big

• When DD outgrew the infant prefolds at about the same weight, I had the same problem with the 15-30 lb size. To make them work I used an angel wing fold, but folded down the extra length in either the front or back to make them shorter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAurora_Borealis:
    When DD outgrew the infant prefolds at about the same weight, I had the same problem with the 15-30 lb size. To make them work I used an angel wing fold, but folded down the extra length in either the front or back to make them shorter.

We've done this too. 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"