hard to believe it's been a year — The Bump
Dads & Dads-to-be

hard to believe it's been a year

It's hard to believe it has been a year sense my wife and I lost our fist baby.  Our little june bug.  We have grown in that year and she has met new friends from hear that have helped her greatly to get though all this.  We are going to send up some lanterns tonight with our little message to our june bug.  Hopefully the weather holds out for us tonight unlike yesterday.

Now we are expecting and looking to meet our little love bug around valentines day.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hard to believe it's been a year

• Loss of a child is a horrible experience and it will stay with both of you forever.  I can say that losing our first baby made my husband and I both appreciate the gift of our son all the more.  Congrats on your Love bug!  My hubby and I will be thinking of you, your wife, and your June bug this evening. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The weather cooperated better this evening.  This was the note that my wife had written on the paper lantern that we sent up tonight....To my first sweet baby, I can't believe it's been a whole year since we were forced to say good-bye to you. It was way too soon. I still remember the day I found out my dreams to be a mommy were going to come true. Me and your Daddy were so excited. The says following were some of the happiest of my life. I w
    as planning out future together and dreaming about who you'd be. then when I got the dreadful news that you were gone, my whole world fell apart. I wanted nothing more than to have you but that was not possible. You became my baby that I carry in my heart instead of my arms, and I still became a mommy, just in a different way. I became an Angel Mommy. I still Love you today just as much as I did the day I found out about you, and I always will.

Shortly after losing you, I found a group online to help me deal with not having you anymore. All of these amazing women have also lost babies. We like to imagine that you are all in heaven together playing and watching over us. These women have helped me through my darkest days and have showed sympathy, compassion, love, friendship, understanding and I will be forever grateful. I hate that I had to lose you to find them though. Some have their rainbows already, some are on their way and others are still waiting. Can you please watch over all of us until we all have our rainbows and beyond?!

As you probably know, mommy has your baby brother or sister in my tummy right now. Please don't ever think that this baby is a replacement for you. You will always be my first baby and not a day goes by that I don't think of you. I do ask though that you please watch over "Baby A" and keep him/her safe. This baby wouldn't be my rainbow if you hadn't become my angel, so there will always be a constant reminder of you.

As much as I'd love to have you here with us, I hope you're having fun in heaven with your Angel friends and with me & Daddy's grandparents, aunts and uncles. Please continue to watch over us until we can finally meet one day in heaven. Mommy Loves you to the moon and back and I always will. I miss you more than words can say. 

XOXOXO Love always and forever, Mommy & Daddy
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here is what our lantern looked like going up: image

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have never posted on this board, but tonight I needed a break from all the estrogen so I thought I'd check it out - you guys are pretty cool!

This is beautiful and I am so very sorry for your loss -- best wishes for your pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your wife's words were beautiful. What a lovely way to celebrate and remember your baby.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards