Adoption
Options

Going through with adoption

I have written here recently acquiring information about adoption.  Crazy to think that 2 years ago I joined the "trying to get pregnant" boards then having to move to "trouble trying to get pregnant" then to "Infertility" and now to the "adoption" board.  A lot of moving around in 2 years!  Anyways, the one thing that was keeping us from pursuing adoption was the financial aspect.  After talking to my dad last night about our IVF failing 2 weeks ago and us wanting to adopt but not being able to really afford it and worried the bank won't give us a loan, he is giving us the money.  He called me tonight to let me know he wants to give us 30,000 dollars(the amount we need) to adopt and that we can try to pay him back if we can afford it(hopefully the tax credit will get resigned and we can give that back to him if we get it),  He said that if we are doing well then we can pay it back, but after 10 years if we are still financially the same then he will forget about the loan.  The money is coming out of money he put aside for me when he passes.  I am in complete shock and just started balling on the phone.  How do you thank someone for this...for giving you the chance of a child after not having any.  I said thank you, but I feel like I owe him so much more.  This is the first good news in 2 years...I feel like I can finally breath.  Our appointment with the agency down the street from us is tomorrow at 6PM and it feels so amazing to know that we can walk in there knowing we have the money and can go through with finally having a take home baby!
7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image

Re: Going through with adoption

• Options

Congratulations!

IMO the best TY you can give him is to be a kick-a$$ parent. Which I'm sure you can handle ;)

GL at the meeting!

• Options
    Congratulations! That is a wonderful thing that your father is doing for you and I think that it shows that he has great confidence in you both being parents.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is truly wonderful news, what an amazing dad you have.  I'm so happy for you, what an incredible gift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Parents are the most generous people and hopefully you will lead by example.  Just remember you are not only being given the finances you need so you can have a child, you are also being given the finances you need so that he can be a wonderful grandfather.  Best of luck with your journey and glad the finances are no longer the barrier you face.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Congrats!  What an amazing dad you have! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    That's wonderful news! 
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that's fantastic!  Congratulations on starting the process, and good luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi Queen! I remember you from the IF boards. So glad to see this post from you. It made me year up. My dad has also helped us a lot financially with IVF and I feel so lucky! I think I'm going to lurk on this adoption board for the next couple months and see if I can learn a thing or two about the process. We just had our second IVF not work oit for us and we are going to take a two month break to discuss our options and decide how we want to move forward. We have always wanted to adopt and I'd like to fin out more info about it all. We actually are going to our first seminar for fosadopt this sat. I'm excited to learn and find outbid this may be for us. Just wanted to say good luck with your new adoption process and I hope it all works out for you!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"