February 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else getting kicked in the ribs?

I'm on my 26th week and been feeling the baby kick me in the right rib since Friday, it's pretty strong and uncomfortable at times to the point it makes me jump.  Anyone else feels or felt the same? How long do they stay in the same position? Thanks.

Nicole W.

Re: Anyone else getting kicked in the ribs?

• Options
    I'm 24w4d and so far no rib kicks...I have an oddly long torso however lol. My baby tends to kick in the same spot for a couple days then shuffles to some other kicking location. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep. I'm short, so I am already getting little kicks and punches in the ribs when I am sitting. With DS, it kept getting worse until I delivered. This is just the beginning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yup - I?m a shortarse aswell - 5 ft 2 on a good day, and getting kicks and punches all over. Up high, down low and everywhere in between Big Smile

It?s all good though - I love seing her on the move. Hiccoughs will be next, and that isnt so cute when it?s 4am in the morning!! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Today for the first time I was getting some nice kicks in the ribs as well! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm getting kicked everywhere.. although I prefer the ribs to bladder kicks!

• Options
    I've been thinking the same thing that LO has been kicking me in the ribs, but thought surely it is too early for that.  Glad to hear of others that have been having this same experience, I guess I too have been getting kicked in the ribs and everywhere below!

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I wish I was getting kicked in the ribs, much better than the cervix.

And with DD, once rib kicks started, they just kept happening.

• Options
    Just below the ribs while sitting... but laying on my side, he definitely bumps around on my lower ribs! I'm 5'1" too. He's also been kinda head down/jack-knifed at the last 2 ultrasounds. I'll just enjoy it while they're still relatively gentle... :)

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Options
    No rib kicks. My LO is so low they could barely get his picture on an ultrasound. I tell DH that I'm getting kicked in the spine and punched in the vagina. Weird feeling. I hope he moves up soon.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"