Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

after d&c question

I don't remember feeling this way with my first d&c, but I was wondering if anyone else felt like they were having contractions for a few days afterward? I've felt like I've been having them for the past 2 days straight. From my lower abdomen all the way up into my neck. It's not painful, but it takes my breath away. It's just a bunch of pressure and it is so uncomfortable. Almost feels constant. I know your uterus contracts down afterward so it can go back to normal or whatever. But this feeling is crazy and awful . =S
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

Re: after d&c question

• I have the same issue. I never had contractions with DS bc of having a c section, but what I've been experiencing, I can only imagine it feels like contractions. Soooo painful. It stops me in my tracks. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I had intense contractions after my D&C but mine were really painful. I ended up in the ER with 2 doses of morphine. They were concerned I might have retained tissue or infection, but all was clear. I did have some really large clots and once they passed, everything eased up. My doctor told me it's not common to have these symptoms, but still normal. Sorry you're dealing with it. It sucks to not only have the loss and the D&C, but to also not be able to feel better and move on. I hope you feel better soon.
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • Loading the player...
  • Thankfully I have an appointment to see my real doctor first thing in the morning. It's just weird because when I gave birth to my son this is exactly how the contractions felt only they would come and go. This is staying a constant feeling. It's so weird. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Sorry for your loss.

I do remember feeling intense cramping after my D&C. I was told it was normal and was given very strong tylenol for the pain. 

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't had intense contractions, but I feel random fluttering and slight cramping.

I am glad you get to see your doctor. Hope everything checks out ok.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"