Success after IF
Options

My last day with my LO before DC

I just wanted to share how sad I am about it. I don't want to be a SAHM and I really like my job, but I am already feeling sad for all the time I will be missing with my LO in the time to come. Tell me that it is not so bad...

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

Re: My last day with my LO before DC

• Options

If I told you it wasn't so bad would you believe me?

It gets better quickly, if that helps.  Have you done any trial runs with the DC?  I did two 3 hour drop offs.  Both times I was a wreck.  I sat with my phone watching the DC video the whole time until I went to pick her back up.  Her first real day of DC it was SO hard to leave her!  But I was fighting food poisoning or something, so I was too busy trying not to throw up to worry too much about missing her.  It has gotten progressively less hard every day.  At least at this age, they are too young to cry and say "no mommy don't go!"  Because I think that would kill me!  And I really think it's good for her.  She has really grown a lot just in her first week of day care.  She is rolling over for them, and getting so much stronger.  I don't know if it's watching other babies do things she can't do yet or what, but she has really developed a lot just in the short amount of time she's been there.  It's going to be really hard, but you can do it!  And Dex will do great!  GL, and enjoy this last day as a SAHM!

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but want to send some ((HUGS))
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:

If I told you it wasn't so bad would you believe me?

It gets better quickly, if that helps.  Have you done any trial runs with the DC?  I did two 3 hour drop offs.  Both times I was a wreck.  I sat with my phone watching the DC video the whole time until I went to pick her back up.  Her first real day of DC it was SO hard to leave her!  But I was fighting food poisoning or something, so I was too busy trying not to throw up to worry too much about missing her.  It has gotten progressively less hard every day.  At least at this age, they are too young to cry and say "no mommy don't go!"  Because I think that would kill me!  And I really think it's good for her.  She has really grown a lot just in her first week of day care.  She is rolling over for them, and getting so much stronger.  I don't know if it's watching other babies do things she can't do yet or what, but she has really developed a lot just in the short amount of time she's been there.  It's going to be really hard, but you can do it!  And Dex will do great!  GL, and enjoy this last day as a SAHM!

I agree completely! The first few days are the worst but it really does get better. I also really think that getting back to work helped me become myself again. Interacting with adults and getting back into the swing of things was wonderful for me. Good luck and just know that it really does get better!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• Options

I remember my last weekday before I went back to work.  I let DS take his nap in my arms instead of putting him down and I took a picture so I could look at his cute face when I went back to work!

But you'll do great and it will get better! I remember on my maternity leave, I got tired of lugging the baby around all day, but now that I am working I love snuggling him all evening. :) 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options
    I haven't gone back to work yet, so I don't have any advice. But I am sad thinking about it, even though I know I don't want to be a SAHM either. I hope everything goes great. Good luck!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options
    Good luck! My DD hasn't gone to DC yet, but she has gone to Mom's. Now, the first few days were rough on both of us because she was super fussy, but now it's not so bad. I am dreading taking her to actual day care because I can only check the cameras at lunch (I have to have an unfiltered computer), but I'm hoping it won't be so bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"