Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C and Work

I have my D&C tomorrow and I am wondering how long you took off?  I would like to return to work Wednesday.  Did you feel that you needed an extra day or so after?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: D&C and Work

• I had mine Friday, so I had the weekend to recover. I would have been ready for work physically, but it helped me mentally to have that extra time. Definitely take all day Tuesday at the very least.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Thanks, I have all of Tuesday off and my mom is coming here.  I took Friday off b/c I found out Friday and I was a wreck.  Wednesday is Halloween and I am a teacher, so this is such a special day with my kids and I think maybe coming to work to be with them will be better than laying in my bed alone all day....I barely moved from bed all weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think going in Wednesday is a good idea, then.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• I also had my dc on a Friday, and was glad to have the couple days over the weekend. I had some soreness the day after the Saturday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I will just tell my boss that I will play it be ear.

Thanks Ladies

• I don't really have any advice, I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss.  I would at least take a couple of days off to recover emotionally.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • First, so sorry for your loss.  As for going back to work, my doc didn't want me standing for more than a few minutes at a time for the first 48hrs. I had my d&c on a Wednesday night, was supposed to work Thursday and was told to call off.  Honestly, I slept pretty much all day Thursday and most of Friday.  We went to dinner Friday night and then walked around doing some window shopping- after an hour of walking I was exhausted and sore.  It took me a week before I felt 100% myself- but I'm also anesthesia sensitive.  GL :0)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine at 9:00 on at Tuesday morning.  I slept most of the day on Tuesday. Personally, I would not have been ready to go back to work on Wednesday.  I actually went back Thursday and then ended up taking Friday off too because I overdid it Thursday (I also work in a school).  I was surprised, and really hadn't expected to take that much time off.  Luckily, all of my co-workers were extremely supportive (and actually, I'm pretty sure my AP never even entered my time off when I turned in my leave form - they are really great).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had my d&c friday and they kept me over night in the hospital, let me go saturday. I ended up going to work today. I really wish I didn't and could have taken today and a few days off, but I feel like I don't have a choice. They would have let me come home today, but if you don't work you don't get paid since i'm currently an intern. 

I'd say if you can take off a few days and your job will let you, I would take a few days off. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Sorry for your loss.

I took a week and a half off work. Physically I only needed about 3 days off but emotionally I was a wreck and needed some "me" time.

GL

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies, I think ill take off tomorrow.  Thursday ill try to go all day but can take a half day if needed.  

Headed to the hospital for my D&C in a couple hours.  I just want to wake up with some relief and hope for the future.  I just feel icky physically and emotionally numb.

I'll post back how it goes.

Thanks for your support 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"