Secondary IF

BFN and on to Follistim

Well its CD34 and no AF so I was pretty pysched that I would be getting good blood results.  NOT.... It was negative and we are now done with Clomid and RE wants to put me on 75 units of Follistim.  I am nervous about injections.  What are the side effects.  If anyone has any experience on it please fill me in with what to expect.  I will be going in for monitoring every other day so that they can adjust my meds as needed.  RE told me my chances of multiples increases 20% and that is why i need to go in every other day to make sure we dont over stimulate.  TIA ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFN and on to Follistim

• Best of luck! When I did shots they wanted to super ovulate me and we ended up with 6 great eggs but nothing came of it.... The shots are not as bad as one would think... The first time will be the worst mental game but after that it should be smooth sailing... Glad they are doing super close monitoring... My clinic doesn't and we definitely don't want quadruplets or anything so we switched to a different doctor in practice who isn't happy with more than 2-3 eggs so that's good for us... I'm wishing you the best!!!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 2009 Have PCOS two close calls with letrozole and hcg trigger. Hoping 3rd time does the trick... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks.  I am nervous about doing the shots but the doctor said its like insulin shots and my mom has no problem doing hers.  Im sure after the first it wont be bad but it is total mental thing.  Yeah I am fine with twins but I definitely dont want more than that at one time.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for the BFN. Good luck with your new steps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry about the BFN. The first injection is the worst, but after that it becomes easier.
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I also think it more of a mental game with yourself. Once yiu stab, it gets better)

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

imageimage
  • I am sorry about your BFN, but follistim isn't that bad.  It comes in this pen thing that is easy to dial up the amount and the needle is very small.  The best tip I got from someone on here is they put extra overfill and you can sometimes get a half or extra dose out of it (saving some $).  Tho you might have to stick yourself twice, but really as PP said it is a mental game! Also, write down the date/dosage/and location of injection.  You think you might not remember from night to night, but it does start to blur together. GL!

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Thanks for the heads up on that.  I would have never thought to do that and my mind is a mess so it probably would all blur together. Did you have any side effects that I should be aware of?
  • Thank you ladies for all the support and great advice.  Moving to injections was a little scarier than I thought it would be.  It is also nerve racking because we are completely OOP and its a big difference in expense so I am really hoping this works. 
  • When I was on 75 and 100 units of Follistim I didn't really notice much as far as side effects go but now that I'm on 225 units I've had a pretty constant throbbing headache. Hopefully you will have no problem what so ever. 

The shots themselves are really nothing. Even easier than others such as Lupron and Ovidrel for me. GL and I hope Follistim is just the answer you need.  

imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"