Preemies

Synagis experts- please come in

So my boys had their first Synagis on 10/24. We were told they need them every 28-30 days which would be 11/21-11/23, the day before Tgiving-the day after. The office made our appt for us on 11/26 and when I called they have nothing sooner because of the holiday. Are they ok to wait 33 days for the vaccine? I am assuming all it means is that they have a window of suseptability? We waited 3 months to get the first round anyway thanks to insurance so I am not too worried, but didnt know if things changed once they started getting them. TIA.
Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Synagis experts- please come in

• Yep, they will be fine. Ideally the shots are perfectly spaced but a couple extra days aren't going to make a big difference. Especially if you are being careful about germs and big groups anyway.

Also FWIW, most people get their first round in October so you aren't really late starting the shots in case that was worrying you.

• imagekck329:

Yep, they will be fine. Ideally the shots are perfectly spaced but a couple extra days aren't going to make a big difference. Especially if you are being careful about germs and big groups anyway.

Also FWIW, most people get their first round in October so you aren't really late starting the shots in case that was worrying you.

Great to know thanks. I think by me the "season" started in September, but thankfully my LO's are healthy still!

Thanks for the info ladies.

Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"