Georgia Babies

Hair loss

I had a miscarriage about a month ago, but now that my body is starting to get back to normal, my hair has started falling out! I've always shed like crazy, but now my hair comes out own chunks. Kinda shocking to see! I dont know if my miscarriage has anything to do with it, but I do know hormones could cause it, but any suggestions on how to stop it? I've been taking prenatal vitamins and biotin for a couple weeks.
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Hair loss

• Wow, I don't know! I didn't have anything like that happen when I m/c, but everyone is different.  Can you call your OB/GYN's nurse?

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Have you had your thyroid checked lately? 

I didn't have any hair loss after my m/c either time but, like Lori said everyone is different. I will say with Jack I didn't lose any hair and this go round I am still losing handfuls so it could very well be hormone related. Hugs momma. <3 I would put in a call too if your worried.  

• Loading the player...
  • You may want to have your thyroid checked, your levels could be low.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • I did some reading on this when I started losing gobs of hair after major weight loss. When my thyroid levels came back normal, I didn't know what to do. A couple things I read suggested that when the body experiences a shock (like sudden/severe weight loss and extreme hormonal changes), the hair follicles will often "go to sleep." When they awaken, new growth pushes the old hair out. I would run my fingers over my scalp and feel all these teeny tiny baby hairs poking out! For me, I think the prenatal vitamins helped my body stabilize.

But with that said, do check in with your doctor and make sure your hormones are getting back to normal. I'm so sorry about your loss. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks! I put a call in to my dr!

• I think you got some answers, but must wanted to say I'm so sorry :( 

And, when can we play soon?  

• imageDaisygirl613:

I think you got some answers, but must wanted to say I'm so sorry :( 

And, when can we play soon?  

FB message me and we'll plan something!  

This discussion has been closed.