Dads & Dads-to-be

Hey Nerd or Gamer dads-

What do you guys want for christmas? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hey Nerd or Gamer dads-

• I played the original when I was in middle school on the computer.

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • I'll be hoping for Munchkin and some of the expansions. It is a card game.

We could probably help more if you give us some of your husband's interests. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagePrime:

I'll be hoping for Munchkin and some of the expansions. It is a card game.

He's into almost anything game related. He plays PS3 and computer games mostly. He's a WOW fan also.

He reads a lot, mostly sic fi books. He's into music to (He's a band director). He also likes gadgety things.

He's way too selfless to tell me something he actually wants. Everytime I ask he says something he wants for out son to have. haha. I plan on getting him boxers and undershirts because he NEEDS them but I want to get him something he likes also.  

• I probably won't be too much help because my one game system is broken (360), but didn't World of Warcraft come out with a new expansion pack just recently?  If he doesn't have that, would probably be a good idea. 
  • We are entering the season of huge releases.  Assassins Creed 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3 are all releasing in the next month or so on PS3.

As mentioned above, World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria expansion released last month.

• My wife tries not to support my WoW addiction, but the expansion would definitely be a great gift.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would take the suggestion of Munchkins or some of the other games.  If he is into sci fi books and he doesn't have a complete series I would get him the next book(s) in the series.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks everyone! I'll look into the WoW expansion and some of the other stuff you mentioned. =)
  • Hey all.  First time post, I'm the Dad-to-be and couldn't resist this topic.  As a gamer/nerd I had to jump on it.  The new WoW expansion is fun, as the games coming out make me pretty eager for the holiday season to get here.  One thing I'd mention is something we are doing for our nursery is ordering some stuff from this guy's website: https://www.jameshance.com/wookiee-the-chew.html  It's like a mashup of Winnie the Pooh (big fan) and Star Wars (huge fan).  Hope that helps...
  • At this rate, we might have enough dads and dads-to-be to start up our own guild. LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePrime:

We are entering the season of huge releases.  Assassins Creed 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3 are all releasing in the next month or so on PS3.

As mentioned above, World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria expansion released last month.

I second this......and I am sure that as we get into late November even more new releases will be out.  I believe that Battlefield 4 is also going to release around the holiday's.

• I think Battlefield 4 is out next fall.

• imagePrime:
    I think Battlefield 4 is out next fall.

I know the beta is out now.  The way the president of Dice is talking, he made it seem like they are fast tracking it. Next fall is fine with me....

• *gamer chick here*

We fail. Normally, a person would wait until Christmas to get a new game, but not us. DH is currently playing Assassin's Creed III and I get my hand at it while he works tomorrow. ;)

It's release season, so there are several new games that have recently come out/will be coming out soon. Dishonored, Doom3 (it's basically a re-release of an older game that has been formatted for consoles rather than just the PC for which it was originally made) Assassin's Creed III... there are tons more. I'm bummed Bioshock isn't going to be out in time. /sigh (You can get him a pre-ordered certificate though and have that as a "You'll get this when it comes out!" thing) 

Last year I got DH some awesome indy games. Super Meat Boy was his favorite of the lot. Some other indy games are Braid (for Xbox360), Limbo, and a few other ones along those lines. OH! We both love Minecraft. Don't judge. ;) 

WoW expansion would probably be the best bet if he hasn't gotten it already. If he's a avid WoW player, he'll love it. 

As far as gadgets go, does he have a specific work space at his job? I got DH something for his desk at work last year. Not his *most* favorite thing, but it's something colorful and fun for his desk and he likes that aspect of it. This year, I'll probably get him a digital photo frame.  

I know I'm not a guy, and you were asking the guys, but I thought that since I was a gamer's wife I might have a few things to add. :p  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imagePrime:

I'll be hoping for Munchkin and some of the expansions. It is a card game.

....... Oh man. Card games = amazingsauce. Have you played Cards Against Humanity? It's like Apples to Apples for horrible people, and we love it.

Also, a good group game is Resistance. DH has a group of guys that play it at lunch every day. 

Board game we discovered and love; Zombicide. 

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am on the email list for CAH waiting for an opportunity to buy it.  I am too lazy to make my own.

• imagePrime:
    I am on the email list for CAH waiting for an opportunity to buy it.  I am too lazy to make my own.

As were we; we got lucky and got the announcement that they were available a few prints ago early enough. 45 minutes later, they were sold out. Hopefully you get it soon!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm debating whether or not to buy myself Pokemon White 2. Don't judge. Let me show you my pokemons!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Also a gamer chick.

Both my hubby and I love board games so I will probably be getting him settlers of Catan as he loves that one or maybe castle panic. I have asked for the Game of thrones card game, which is a pretty good one. As for video games, I would actually vote getting a gift card for Steam, they are going to have their holiday sale towards the end of December so you can get some good deals on some great games.  I am also looking for AC3 or The black knight, sometimes I just miss the 2d side scrollers.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Does he ever play table tops? For my DH's birthday this year I personalized a dice cup with his name and favorite character name, along with a bunch of icons and stuff. He loved it~ Thinks it brought him luck too; he's been rolling pretty awesome since I made it for him.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"