Babies on the Brain

Charting Questions

Hey everyone! I am Kristin and I am new to these boards. I am newlywedish (June) and my husband and I are not officially TTC yet. We are on the "if it happens, that's great" track. We are officially TTC in April.

I have started tracking my AF around June because in college I really inconsistant periods as well as ovarian cysts (however, once I decided to go off BCP two years ago everything seemed to even itself out for the most part). It looks like I have a normal 30 day cycle with an average of a 4 day AF. I have recently started temping and my question is in order for it to be successful, do I have to measure cervical mucus or can I simply temp?? Just want to get things straight before we officially start trying.

Thanks!

I hate to Sweat: My personal journey to a healthy lifestyle http://tinyurl.com/a42x9fr http://i.imgur.com/5PhgQ.png Anniversary Birthday

Re: Charting Questions

• CM is good to chart, but not necessary. It's a secondary fertility sign, but paying attention to it will tell you when you're getting ready to ovulate. Temping will only tell you after you've ovulated. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CM is very helpful especially you won't know if you o'd until after the fact.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    CM is good to chart, but not necessary. It's a secondary fertility sign, but paying attention to it will tell you when you're getting ready to ovulate. Temping will only tell you after you've ovulated. 

This and personally I like charting temps, CM, and OPKs.  The more info you have, the easier it is to pinpoint O.  The CM and OPKs let me know that I am getting ready to O and temps confirm O.  This really helps you make sure you time sex correctly. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Thank you all! It's just all new and kind of confusing when you first start. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before we REALLY begin trying...
    I hate to Sweat: My personal journey to a healthy lifestyle http://tinyurl.com/a42x9fr http://i.imgur.com/5PhgQ.png Anniversary Birthday
  • Charting CM can be a bit weird at first, but if want to chart you CM once you start TTC I would start now so you can get a feel for the different types.  The hardest part for me with my first month of charting is determining what kind of CM I have on any given day.

As for OPKs, just a heads up that a lot of women on here buy the Wondfo brand off Amazon.  They are super cheap compared to in store products. 

• I temp and use opk's.  I never seem to notice any types of cm (I check externally), although I do look for it. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Read the tutorials on fertility friend. If you haven't, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It has some great color pics of CM to give you an idea of the different types.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"